Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Tiger to bits, it is a perfect all rounder. I am thinking of getting the new 07 model. The problem is I went round the local shops at the weekend and saw Yamaha's YZ1 Street model, unfaired in black and I fell in love. Just sitting on it felt right.
Has anyone test rode the new 07 Tiger yet? I need help/reassurance that it will be same or better than the previous Tigers and that there won't be any teething problems.
AAARRRGGGGHHH!!! HELP!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had a test ride on the Fazer 1000 at Woods whilst my Tiger was having a service.Personally I didn't like it.I rode it 50 miles down Welsh country roads that I know reasonably well.Good points are it looks mean in black,is comfy,has a great induction roar and is fast.Bad points are that the throttle is like an on/off switch,there is not much power below 6500rpm and then there is so much that it threatens to overwhelm you.Result is not very easy to ride smoothly and the bike needs to be left in a low gear at anything under 80 mph.Also the handling is fast but very twitchy so exciting if you like shaking bars and the front wheel lifting over undulating roads.I can ride my 05 Tiger quicker and smoother but if you have your race head on then the Yamaha is a missile.I would test the Fazer and 07 Tiger on fast,empty roads before deciding.Then buy the Tiger ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
i think in the long run you'd be much happier with the three cylinder motor. much more torquey and flexible. more satisfying. plus i'd bet the build quality is better with the triumph.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Be patient and wait for the release of the '07. I think you will find the '07 Tiger very gratifying and that it is a lot more well rounded.
A year ago I purchsed (actually won) a Kawi Z1000. I loved the looks of the bike but it vibrated something aweful and it had absolutely no balls until about 6K rpm. I sold it and later took a test ride on an '06 S3, I purchased that bike that day. There is not substitue for the low end torque of a Triumph 1050 triple. :wink:

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-11-29 06:09, OKCTriple wrote:
There is not substitue for the low end torque of a Triumph 1050 triple. :wink:
+1!!! :-D I've ridden a 03 FZ1, and have to say, it doesn't touch the feeling that my triple gives me! :-D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Why not test ride the Tiger for yourself. Demonstration models seem to be appearing at various dealerships. I've just booked one myself at Blackburn. I'm sure I saw a post about test rides in York and Leeds which aren't too far away from you. Let us know what you think.

[ This message was edited by: chrisn on 2006-11-29 07:19 ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. Im off to Isle Of Man TT in June 07 I want a new bike before that, so the Tiger release in March will just give me time to run it in and get it serviced before set off. I will post a new topic after a test ride, unless someone does it first. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts