Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay- so it looks like sliders might be a good investment.

Any suggestions on which ones? I've checked out the R&G sliders (look good, but is two on each side necessary?); there have got to be some other good ones to consider also...

Thanks!

~Randy
Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have R & G sliders on my 05 ST. If they had arrived when they were supposed to (the importer for Australia is getting quite slack when it comes to supplying a lot of items) it would have saved the damage to the right side when the bike fell in the drive way. Yes both would have saved more than one.

SR1 has had first hand experience with these sliders in a nasty off to show how well they work. There are pics as I recall, but I cant make the search function on here work to find anything.

I do know of some people that take the rear slider off, but if its the protection youre after, then both are necessary, in my opinion.

Brett.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd run the R&G with both sliders in place.

I'd also look into kevlar covers or other pieces for the exposed cases that protrude thru the lower fairing.

For speed tripple.

Should'nt be too hard to come up with something to fit the Sprint..

[ This message was edited by: MNSpintST on 2006-12-09 20:11 ]

·
Registered
323 Posts
Where does one order these R&G frame sliders in the USA? I'm sure it's been mentioned, just can't seem to locate that listing. What do they cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have dropped my bike whith R&G's on. Real slow right turn whilst going down hill. Was able to lay the bike down on its RHS slider, recover my wits and pick it up. If I had remembered to grab the front brake before I picked it up, the would have been zero damage instead of 1 tiny scatch.

GSG moko look great but are twice the price of R&Gs. There also not readily available in the UK.

I had Sky King fitted to my last RS to avoid drilling the panels but not impressed as the bracket was able to twist easily.

Kev

·
Registered
282 Posts
Actually the R&G sprint kit is better than the GSG's for the sprint. They dont protrude as far on the GSG..

GSG just had some case cover protectors to show the concept...

I might add a low mounted bobbin... universal trim to fit style low on the fairng.. To protect the clutch cover and stator....

Look at the skinny bit of rash on SR1's pix... Putting one a slider somewhere along that scraped area would prevent it..

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
With regard to the R&G Units: I have the front set fitted to my S3. Is there any need for the rear (mid fitting) set as well?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Running Pannierless. Yes...

It will protect the rear of the bike...

With two it will contact mostly on the footpegs, rear sets... and the two protectors..

With one some components towards the rear are alot more likely to contact.

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have LSL frame sliders I like them and they look a bit better you can check out my photo gallery and I have pictures of them. I had a small "let down" when they were on order and I am sure that I would have had near zero damage with them, instead an extra 300 in fix costs. 200.00 Canadian for them to my door through spiegler.

·
Registered
165 Posts
On 2006-12-11 12:41, DrTriumph wrote:
I have LSL frame sliders I like them and they look a bit better you can check out my photo gallery and I have pictures of them.
+ 1 on LSL's i have them on my '03 and will put them on 07 when it comes in...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Mathias at Speigler won't ship to UK? That doesn't sound right.

I dig my LSL sliders. They did their job after a driveway drop. I've piccys in My Piccys......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts