Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post after lurking for a while - just got my Thruxton, and I'm looking for the OEM flyscreen, and a cowl. Where do you guys go for your parts? I've seen the sites mentioned often here (bella, etc), but I just want the OWM part. Bikebandit have me a headache :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
hey, welcome aboard! the only place to look is www.madss.com! their service is second to none. they also have discounted prices on pretty much everything they sell. i go with them first on any purchase, including triumph apparel!- keith

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
British Customs no-reply-eeee

I sent British Customs an inquiry email during the week about a product. I've not received any type of reply :(

·
Registered
285 Posts
I sent an email to Newbonneville about 2 hours ago asking for the price and shipping charges of a couple of items to be sent to Australia. I received an email about 1 hour later with all I asked for.
They have now received my order. If they ship as quick as they email they will definitely get my future orders.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I can't speak highly enough of New Bonneville. I've bought many many things from them and they are incredibly helpful, efficient and generally reasonably priced. They ship quickly and shipping to Australia has never been a problem. When the AU$ was nearly equal with the US$ I had a field day. I've also dealt with MADSS, Bella Corse and British Customs. But in my book, you can't top New Bonneville.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I do the great majority of my shopping through New Bonneville and I just can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, and sorry for the lousy spelling in my post, I must have had beer in hand :)

I placed an order on madss, and got almost immediate shipping notification, so that works for me. Ordered an OEM flyscreen to combine with the bar ends I ordered from a different web site.

Pics soon...

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I sent British Customs an inquiry email during the week about a product. I've not received any type of reply :(
That's surprises me. I usually use the online customer service function and get answers to my questions immediately.

·
Registered
867 Posts
+1 on the NewBonneville comments. Brent and team are the greatest.

I mean, c'mon, who else gives you mints in every order!?!

P

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Originally posted by propforward
That's surprising, they are usually very good. Phone call is better.
Originally posted by bluesforchallah
That's surprises me. I usually use the online customer service function and get answers to my questions immediately.

It's been over ten days and I've still heard nothing from British Customs in response to my email inquiry. Needless to say I've purchased the item elswhere. It took a little while, but I did get a good response from TPUSA which was nice as I'd not used them before.

·
30,525 Posts
I remain surprised, but you're in good hands with TPUSA. Great vendor, and Carlos is a diamond geezer, very helpful and all round good bloke.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Prop, I'm philosophical abut it. I do understand that a number of these businesses are quite small businesses, a two or maybe three man show, even though they loom large in our lives. I understand they can't be answering emails and phone inquiries all the time and I'm sympathetic. Unfortunately, like a lot of Rat members bruvus .... once I get a bee in my bonnets and want something, I generally want it fast before the enthusiasm dims.

I'll deal with them again as I have in the past.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've had great dealings with New Bonneville, and British Customs. Heck I've even spoken with Carlos at TPUSA and he was excellent to deal with. I can honestly say I won't be dealing with Bella Corse again for anything.

Ordered some parts from them (online since I've never gotten a human to answer the phone, but heck I only tried 5 times) got a reply the next day that they got the order, and I'd see an email with a response on back orders and what not shortly. Payment cleared my bank that day. Didn't hear anything for a week, so I (tried calling couldn't get a human) so I sent an email. Got a response that they were busy and orders were taking over a week to process. Gee I guess the economy isn't hurting them :rolleyes: Finally got a response 10 days later that my parts were on the way.

All I can say is I'll be doing business again with New Bonneville, BC, & TPUSA....

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I've had great dealings with New Bonneville, and British Customs. Heck I've even spoken with Carlos at TPUSA and he was excellent to deal with. I can honestly say I won't be dealing with Bella Corse again for anything.
My experience with Bella Corse has been 100% positive...Mike gave me excellent service on a pair of YSS shocks and even allowed me jet swaps in helping me sort out the grossly out-of-whack jetting after I bought my thruxton from the previous administration. Overall, Mike offers some bits unavailable from other vendors and I like the options he provides.

·
Registered
285 Posts
+1 New Bonneville.Great service/communication.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
MADSS - hands down, best I've delt with... Not a problem yet, best prices, just a pleasure. I should also note that I am in no way affiliated with MADSS and I'm not easily pleased.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any stock replacement parts I get from bikebandit.com. They usually have every thing in stock with exploded assembly pictures and everything so even if you don't know the name of what you're ordering you have a picture of it. I think the only aftermarket part supplier i haven't ordered from yet is british customs. I think that will change soon as their fender eliminator kits look pretty nice:motorbike2::motorbike2:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts