Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an OBD2 reader with blue tooth to use with tuneECU to reset simple codes like the wrench after doing an oil change. (2014 STR)

I have read some of the other posts on this topic. Though I preferr a wired connection, apparently some options are only available with bluetooth so I will most likely go that way.

What are some verified OBD2 tools that you guys have used and work well for you?

What tips and tricks have you found that work well for you with tuneECU?

Other suggestions?

I'm not tech pro, but dont want to have to pay the dealer to do every little thing. $$$

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
OBDlink LX is guaranteed to work with tune ECU and also allows you to download maps.
There are some cheaper generic elm327 adaptors if you just want to reset fault codes but in my experience it's a bit of a minefield finding one that works with the triumphs and tune ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey.
Obdator obd2 bluetooth scanner (bigger black version) worked for me. Shows faults,you can reset service mileage,and other bits and bobs you can see through Tuneecu. Bought a few obd2 readers on amazon and had to send them all back, just to find the one that actually worked for me.

(street triple r 2013)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought an ELM327, v1.5 obd2. It worked for me. I only purchased it so that I could reset the maintenance light and interval

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you know if those cheap ones with ELM327 v1.5 chipset can update maps too? I know on the TuneECU site it's said to use the other (expensive) ones but you know, I figured asking is still worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Do you know if those cheap ones with ELM327 v1.5 chipset can update maps too? I know on the TuneECU site it's said to use the other (expensive) ones but you know, I figured asking is still worth a shot.
Not that I'm aware of, I purchased one off eBay that claimed it was fully compatible with tune ECU but it wouldn't allow me to remap so I got my money back, unless anybody else has first-hand experience of a cheap adaptor that works (including downloading maps) I would just buy the OBD link LX.

Reactions: BonnieJon

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am no expert. I don't do any sort of tuning or remapping, I just perform routine simple maintenance and ride em. I only use TuneECU for resetting the maintenance/interval. But all the research I did for finding out if/how to reset said android device. And several stated that the app was particular about which version of firmware the obd was. I lucked out on the first one I ebayed

·
Registered
12 Posts
OBDlink LX is guaranteed to work with tune ECU and also allows you to download maps.
There are some cheaper generic elm327 adaptors if you just want to reset fault codes but in my experience it's a bit of a minefield finding one that works with the triumphs and tune ECU.
I tried the "KONNWEI Bluetooth OBD Reader - KW902" with four of the top apps. None of them recognized my 2010 Street Triple R as being plugged in or running.

I've seen others say the OBDlink LX works in conjunction with TuneECU. I guess I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I tried the "KONNWEI Bluetooth OBD Reader - KW902" with four of the top apps. None of them recognized my 2010 Street Triple R as being plugged in or running.

I've seen others say the OBDlink LX works in conjunction with TuneECU. I guess I'll give that a try.
just be aware depending on your VIN number you'll need a cable if you want to download maps but the Bluetooth adaptor should work for all the other functions.
I think pre 2013.

Street Triple & Street Triple R up to VIN # 560476 - USB & Bluetooth *

* Remapping only through USB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts