Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
My dad had passed away before I discovered my passion for motorcycles.
My mother almost passed away when she discovered my passion for motorcycles.

Upon seeing my yellow Thruxton that I had just purchased she just muttered, "mid-life crisis don't have to kill you."

-simpson

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
"Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow", when explaining how my XR75 engine worked. To a 12yr old, it was much easier to remember than Induction, Compression, Firing, Exhaust. Used to love explaining it to my mates, helped me to forever remember it, and to eventually stumble my way through nutting things out more technically.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
sounds like my first h$&d job :p

{Edited to remove a completely unnecessary and distracting and bandwidth wasting quoting of the entire preceeding post. Oh, this act of editatory excellence is coming to you from HiDesert}

·
Registered
295 Posts
After my Dad bought me my first 'ped, he showed me how to start it, and then said,
'Now, you're on your own.'

He was always fixing\servicing other peoples cars and I would watch him, and I thought how hard can it be. I've never paid for a garage repair or service since. Thanks Dad.

One of his popular sayings was, 'My spanner! Where is my fu..... ah there it is.'

·
Registered
671 Posts
Dad - "You know, when your mother sees that bike, she may ask you for the keys."

Mom rode with a "club" back when she was in her early 20's. She finally sold her last motorcycle when she was nearly 60.

·
Registered
818 Posts
"Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow", when explaining how my XR75 engine worked. To a 12yr old, it was much easier to remember than Induction, Compression, Firing, Exhaust. Used to love explaining it to my mates, helped me to forever remember it, and to eventually stumble my way through nutting things out more technically.
Yeh I had one of those,the points on those things was a er ''technical problem'' that my old man could never get his head around..his solution- keep pushing till it starts,trouble was it never ****ing started..Many days spent on the side of the track,a simpler solution would have been to buy a puller for the magneto and ajust the points properly,ahh thems were the days,I'm talking 1975 when I was 11,

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
"Son, I would really keep my bare leg away from that end of the exhaust."

21 - 31 of 31 Posts