Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've decided against the air box removal. I'm going to go with the bellmouth i think. Exhaust is on it's way. I don't think that i want to pull the forks springs out just yet. How about the ignition box?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I think the bellmouth is a BS waste of time.

If you don't want to pony up the dough for the airbox removal just hack up your stock airbox to fit pod filters, just as good as the airbox removal and only costs the amount of the POD filters, 50 bucks?

The bellmouth is magic beans.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i will probably wind up doing in the spring. For some reason i don't want to get the air box removel kit. I could buy it, but i just can't bring myself to tear it apart. I think i am just going to go with the snorkel removal for now and wait for the spring to make a decision. Is there really no more gain between the pod and the removal kit?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are we talking just engine/performance or can it be cosmetic? If you allowing for the latter and haven’t done it already I would go for a rear fender removal kit.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would vote for aftermarket rear shocks, Ikons are a good value. EBC hh Front pads only. More aggressive rears can get you in trouble. Front fork springs. Pod filters and jets. It now goes, stops and handles better. Track school would be next. T1

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sounds good. I've ordered Some epco stainless exhaust and the ikon Bonnie rear shocks to lower the rear a bit. I'm going to order the airbox removal kit here in a couple of weeks and then i'm going to re-jet. Pat's jetting Calculator said to rejet with 155's using the setup i'm going to run.

Is there any particular Airbox Removal kit i should go with?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Honda F3 forks on fleabay - 192.00, fork oil 10.00, assorted new fork bushings and seals 45.00, front end check over at Honda shop when getting parts 0.00. Race Tech Gold Valves 134.00, Race tech springs, 75.00 Advice from Max at Traxxion Dynamics on set-up 0.00. Cartridge Forks that are fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping, pre-load and really work well - priceless, or 456.00 a great deal. The bling options - gaiters 30.00 and polishing 0.00 but 4 hours of hard work. JCW

·
Registered
85 Posts
The bellmouth is lame. I would buy a airbox removal if you are not up to cutting the box up yourself. Huge difference between the two performance wise.

Me personally? I would pick up a f3 front end and WAVE rotors....but I'm a bad ass...your body may not be able to take the shock of being that bad ass and shut down.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would really like to get some more info on the F3 forks. What advantages do they offer over stock. Is there any posts on how to do this? Thrux-ton-up your bike is simply amazing. The front looks awesome

[ This message was edited by: caspianthruxton on 2006-11-16 21:38 ]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts