Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, temp is dropping here in London and whilst my winter gloves do a good job, when it really gets cold I resort to liner gloves to help. Whilst they do something, I'm looking for a better pair, what are the best options, surgical gloves, silk, thinsulate wool?

Only really want to spend between £10-£20

Any good recommendations? I don't want to go down the heated grips, heated gloves route etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know here in the USA we have a place called cycle gear that sells stuff called freezeout, or some other updated name, I'll try to get a link for you

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
What material are your current liner gloves made from? Do your hands perspire much wearing layers? If the outer gloves are not windproof, the liner won't do much. Being on a motorcycle or bicycle is different than just walking around or hiking in the woods when it's cold.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I stole a pair of strechy knitted gloves from the Misses. Fit inside most of my gloves, and provide a little extra cold comfort. $0.99 at your local dollar store.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a problem with my finger tips freezing on very cold days. I bought an expensive pair of gloves that were guaranteed warm and they didn't do any better than my cheap gloves. I took the gloves back and the girl said that my problem may be circulation and suggested I give these a try.

I have no idea why, but the suckers really work. No more frozen finger tips. I put them on and keep them on with the glove off to use my phone or pick up after the dog. I think they will be a great for the bike during the early spring too.

Probably not what you are looking for, but may be worth a look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts