Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Bonneville SE. I would like to buy new pipes to give it presence by way of sound, but more importantly an increase in performance. I have read several threads on the finer points of various options for the money. I really don't care about price point. I just want the best quality with best chance of increased performance. If anyone is an absolute aficionado on pipes for a very cool 2012 Bonnie se, please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2012 Bonneville SE. I would like to buy new pipes to give it presence by way of sound, but more importantly an increase in performance. I have read several threads on the finer points of various options for the money. I really don't care about price point. I just want the best quality with best chance of increased performance. If anyone is an absolute aficionado on pipes for a very cool 2012 Bonnie se, please help. Thanks!
I went with the TOR's right out of the box, and haven't regretted it one bit. Look identical to stock, but have a nice snarl when you get after it, and are economically priced to boot. Fairly mellow idle and cruise sound however, so kind of the best of both worlds. They have quite a bit of popping on decel, but personally I dig it. Best of all is the twin thump, better than any inline four, but not a sound anyone will confuse with a Harley. Good luck!

·
Registered
453 Posts
no offense but you're going to have a lot of personal opinions on "best exhaust". For example, Tors didn't do anything for me. So I switched to the D&D full stainless 2:2 system.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
1. the best exhaust will be stainless steel
2. good pipes will enhance performance and sound good
3. they will have the look/style YOU are looking for

do you want a classic look or modern/race look?

3 pipes come to my mind 2 of em are classic, Staintunes & TPUSA
and
for a low cost MODERN look TEC or more $$$ Arrow very similar

I'm sure others will chime in.
I like TORS classic look but they are not stainless steel.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have Lossa stubby cans. They are great! Very loud, great rumble, look great. I added some DB Dawg inserts to make them a bit quieter.

Also, $100 each, so much cheaper than many of the alternatives.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree which exhaust you decide on is very personal. For me, it was about being well made and not being obnoxiously loud (like the D&D's) while retaining the classic Triumph sound. Personally I could care less about saving weight on a 500 lb bike as long as it looks and sounds good. I basically got them thrown in with the purchase, so spending $1000 on a full stainless set was of no interest to me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If done again I would use 2 into 1 exhaust , lighter , cleaner looking, better clearance from scraping on the ground , better scavenging effect from the exhaust and better top end.

·
Registered
902 Posts
As this post is in the club cafe section, I would say he is after MAX power. There is a clear winner when this is asked. However it's not stainless and gives less ground clearance. However it gives most power but the sound isn't very twin like but I don't care as it goes so well. Best Power has to be D&D 2-1.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
As this post is specifically asking for the best quality regardless of cost, I would say he is after BEST quality. There is a clear winner when this is asked. It is stainless and the sound is very twin like plus a nice improvement in throttle response over stock. Best quality regardless of cost has to be Staintune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your excellent input into this very difficult decision. I decided to go with the Arrow 2-2 baffles out. I'm very happy with the look and sound. I'm not sure if its any faster but I ride it like it is, lol. Thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
TORs have a great sound and they don't pop on deceleration if your dealer downloads the right tune. I love the sound of mine but they rusted through from the inside out, in three years. Stored indoors.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like you purchased a quality exaust. Good luck with it. I on the other hand went with the EMGOs. I was on a very tight budget at the time and that was the only exhaust in my price range or I would have to have gone without an exhaust (repaired after wreck).

The emgos without the baffles are how could i say it... Scary loud, scaring women, small children, little puppy dogs, and cute fuzzy bunnies. With the baffles in well... It's just loud and not so scary. But when under a very light throttle I have no problems with the neighbors and I live in a development.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Randy, which Emgo's did you get? I am interested in getting emgo's as well, I want ones that look like the stock pea shooters.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
Randy, which Emgo's did you get? I am interested in getting emgo's as well, I want ones that look like the stock pea shooters.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
They are the ones that are pictured on the Bella Corse site. The reverse coned ones. You can also buy them from any internet motorcycle parts site that sells EMGOs... Be aware that you may need some sort of exhaust sealant (if one exists) to help keep everything sealed. For the money that you will spend they can't be beat... But there are better quality exhausts out there.

Good Luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts