Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having used a multitude of cleaning products with varying degrees of success, what is the best product to remove dirt and grime from my bike

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
I rarely recommend a product in a bottle/can as "best", but will go out on a limb and say that S100 is the best that I have used.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've tried a few but have come back to Autoglym Motorcycle cleaner, followed by Motorex protect & Shine. The Autoglym Instant Bike Shine is good too.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
http://www.s100.com/s100_tcc.htm

I use the Total Cycle Cleaner and the Wheel Cleaner. Spray on, wash off. Haven't tried the other items.

Looks like it is just in the US and Canada. We try to keep the good stuff local and export the rest. McDonald's, f'rinstance.:p
Thanks Allan:)

McDonalds, thats worse than a spy jet, that's a secret weapon to make the rest of the world obese!:D

That looks like a very interesting product, although we have been on severe water restrictions here in Brisvagas for a few years so even though it's great stuff prolly not one we could use here a lot, YET.:)

DaveM

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
If someone mentions Simple Green, I'll hunt them down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
when the wife is not looking i grab her [SHOUT] its the best i have found so far. give it a try and you will see what i mean.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
S100 for me as well. I use there products for the cars too.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm a recent convert to using WD-40 as a degreasing agent. It actually works amazingly well on road grime and gunk on the underside of a bike.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
As far as simple green is concerned; when I moderated an aviation group for a particular type of aircraft, people were getting disastrous results using it on their planes. It actually eats into the metal.. might as well use sulphuric acid to wash with. :eek:
Yep. don and I have been saying that for some time now. Even the Simple Green literature explains that, although they state that a proper rinse after use will protect aluminum. The problem with that concept is that it is virtually impossible to do a rinse that will eliminate it from difficult to reach pockets and faying surfaces.

steves, be careful how you use the WD-40 because, in addition to cleaning the underside of your bike, it will also rinse out any lubrication it reaches. For instance, if it contacts the drag link attach points, it could initiate degradation of the bearing lube.

A lesson I learned the hard way, a long time ago, is to start with the mildest agent, then progressively work up to more aggressive agents as needed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmmm that S100 looks great! I have been using 409 kitchen cleaner for my wheels and Turtlewax soap for the rest. I have found that for light touch-up cleaning a good quality glass cleaner works great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use Glare Ultra Wash. WebBikeWorld tends to like Glare products.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
S100. I'm still amazed at how well this stuff works!

---Charlie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts