Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of a set of bike stands for the S3. I didn't find much with the search function so I thought I'd ask, what's the best value in a good set of stands that are sturdy and allow for easy wheel removal? Should I get spools for the rear or stick with non-spool? TIA.

[ This message was edited by: Warp8 on 2007-01-08 11:07 ]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
teo, is that you? :-D Anyways Warp, I like the pitbull. It's a great stand, although it's a little pricey. Kinda wished I would've known about some of the cheaper stands that some people got. I've heard good things about the cheaper ones. There are many guys on here that got some fer around $70 I think. I'm sure they'll chime in. :hammer:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Check out the Pit-Bull stands for Triumph at their web site. Great quality stands which are sturdy. I have a front and back stand and am very pleased with them,

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you get the Pit Bull rear stand, make sure it's the one that can be used on either side of the swingarm. I wish I would have. :(

·
Registered
969 Posts
I got the Pit-Bull rear stand last week, I like it, it was highly recommended by people on this site and others. I got it at Sportbike Trackgear for the standard price, but they ship for free which saved me some cash. The stand even shipped from the manufacturer. The people were great to work with and were recommended to me by a friend that races a bit. BTW they have the cheapest price i've seen on Pilot Powers.
If you put the spooled sliders on your swingarm you wont be able to remove the wheel.

·
Registered
969 Posts
On 2007-01-08 14:20, Mindonkman wrote:
If you get the Pit Bull rear stand, make sure it's the one that can be used on either side of the swingarm. I wish I would have. :(
+1 forgot about that. An extra $40 for a reversible stand. I am wondering though, could one add the other pin to the "non-reversible" stand and still have it work? I don't think it'll clear some parts on the bike when used forward instead on rearward.

·
Banned
798 Posts
I've been following stand threads for a while. Pitbull then Powerstands, I've gone from one to the other. The Heindl (see thread currently running) looks far better than the others in terms of flexibility. No limitation. You can jack up the rear or the front (by strapping down the rear end).

You guys see any reason or design issue that makes that stand not as good as it appears to be?

Heindl Pivot Stand

It's currently getting my vote. I may buy it soon if no one can shoot it down.

kjazz

·
Registered
637 Posts
Pit Bull makes top notch stands.

Pit Bull

[ This message was edited by: bkrbil on 2007-01-08 16:32 ]

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've got a Motech centerstand on mine. Only adds about 6 lbs, doesn't take up any extra space in the garage, and you've always got it with you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Kwajazz, the web site for the Heindl pivot stand says it is only for double sided swing arms, but I guess you have plenty of other bikes to use it on. :-D

·
Banned
798 Posts
I called em (heindl) up yesterday and they say their piece works fine on an S3. Plus, Left360 uses one and says it's great for the S3. I like the fact that one lift will let me get both ends up off the ground one at a time or at the same time (for use with tire warmers).

kjazz

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On 2007-01-09 10:23, kwajazz wrote:
I called em (heindl) up yesterday and they say their piece works fine on an S3. Plus, Left360 uses one and says it's great for the S3. I like the fact that one lift will let me get both ends up off the ground one at a time or at the same time (for use with tire warmers).

kjazz
So, you verified that the Heindl stand actually gets both wheels up off the floor at the same time?

·
Banned
798 Posts
Heindl said they've used a tie down to "pull" the back wheel down toward to the stand. I guess he meant wrap a tie down around the wheel and the bottom lateral brace on the stand and tighten (?) Makes sense. I'd probably do what left360 did and just jack up the front. Seems safer if I'm working on the bike.

Call them up, they were very friendly and glad to describe its use.

kjazz.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts