Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I use this battery for one year (9Ah, too small):

Now I'm whit same model, but 12Ah. Runs fine with no problem, and it's cheep too.
These are maintenance-free lead-acid rechargeable batteries.
My friend use same type battery on his Yamaha Vmax for more than tree years with no problems.

For me it is the best battery.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS fits properly, is maintenance free, and is readily available.

Not a cheapo, but seems to give good service for years, and starting with a marginal battery is supposed to be a the worst thing for a sprag, and much cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had 3x Yuasa batteries that have been great, but for something different I went to a Deka this time round. Seems to do the job fine but it wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yep, Deka seems good, I put one in my Sprint a couple of months ago.

The model is ETX15L 190cca, $215AUD so not cheap but it spins the bike over beautifully. It used to take me a few attempts to get her to fire from cold but now its first stab of the starter, every time.
The guy I bought it off has had one in his TL1000R for the past six years without issue!

I also got a new Battery Fighter to keep the battery up to scratch.
It is the best insurance for protecting the sprag...

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
107 Posts
OK folks my battery has gone so is there a better alternative to the standard YB14L-A2?
Thanks
Deka ETX15L! (sealed gel-mat)
They're pricey though. I was lucky and got mine from the US for less than half what it cost locally.
Second is the YTX14AHL-BS sealed lead-acid. I just bought one from Sydney for $95 delivered (to Brisbane Aus)
--
Clem

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Went for a Yuasa YT14 in the end due to cost and a lack of folding stuff (racing to pay for!). Charged and fitted and still the bugger wont start!
Oddly enough the YTX is rated higher at 200 CCA than the more expensive ETX at 190.
I received my YTX in the mail today and it's on the charger as I write.
I think put it in the XJ and leave the ETX in the Trump though.

By the way; have you opened the drain-screws in your carbs and proved fuel-flow?
T3 fuel-taps are pernickety buggers!!
--
Clem

·
Registered
92 Posts
What i would like to know is, can you get a lighter battery than standard, that is still powerfull enough for the Job...if its smaller thats fine!

Battery's weigh a ton, and sit high-up in the bike.. a smaller and especially lighter battery, would be highly desirable for me!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
107 Posts
They look good....is their one for the trident 900?
There's no exact replacement (that I can see).
The pictured PC310 would fit in the holder but it's smaller so you'd have to put a block under it.
A PC545 might fit on it's side but you'd have to modify the leads.
You'd have to be a big Odyssey fan to go to the trouble when an ETX15 or YTX14 will drop right in though.
--
Clem

1 - 16 of 16 Posts