Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning my chain this evening and noticed a very slight ding in my rear rim. Left side, maybe a couple of millimeters at most between the rim and tire, but easily visible. It might be slight enough now to actually be hammered back into shape, but is that a good idea? Should I be thinking about replacing the whole wheel? Will it get worse if I keep riding on it?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly local for me. Ha. But it's good to know it can be fixed without replacing the wheel. Know some great shops nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
464 Posts
Was cleaning my chain this evening and noticed a very slight ding in my rear rim. Left side, maybe a couple of millimeters at most between the rim and tire, but easily visible. It might be slight enough now to actually be hammered back into shape, but is that a good idea? Should I be thinking about replacing the whole wheel? Will it get worse if I keep riding on it?

Dont think that's anything to worry about. I pranged my front on a rock face one time & bent the front rim most of an inch. whacked it most of the way back back with a hammer onto a piece of wood held on the rim. It's still bent a couple mm but been good enough for the past 2 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts