Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in a pretty low speed wreck (left turn Larry) and it bent my fork tubes. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement? I saw them on Bike bandit and was thinking about buying stock ones there; but, could use advice on if there are better options and/or what all is involved. Mine are not that bent (the tire clears the frame by an inch or more). If I buy the tubes how hard is it to get the innards out, and does anything else inside typicaly get damaged?

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
I got in a pretty low speed wreck (left turn Larry) and it bent my fork tubes. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a replacement? I saw them on Bike bandit and was thinking about buying stock ones there; but, could use advice on if there are better options and/or what all is involved. Mine are not that bent (the tire clears the frame by an inch or more). If I buy the tubes how hard is it to get the innards out, and does anything else inside typicaly get damaged?
Contact Forking by Frank...

http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/

Or check with any Race Tech or other reputable suspension shop and they should be able to help you out...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If it was me I'd take the opportunity to upgrade. If you pick up some used Honda CBR600F3 fork tubes they fit and have adjustable internals. I paid $500.00 or so for a pair of new Triumph tubes when I needed them, scarey really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honda CBR600F3 fork tubes they fit
I thought about this as I had heard others mention it. But how do they fit? does the axel fit, the brakes work or do I just use the inners and the tube and will it work with my lower legs?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Oh man!
Your ****ed!
Bike Bandit will sell you the same forks, tubes, et al, as stock oem Triumph replacement...
****! My lower bushings were crap when I polished up my forks and I found that Triumph and Race Tech don't carry the lower bushing's w/o purchasing the WHOLE SLIDER!
$205 Dead Presidents!
Get your Master Card out!
Just another Triumph, well you know, got us by the balls...
Good luck...
Fork innards are, well, important to put it mildly...
Sliders CANNOT be straightend! Get new tubes and sliders and bushings...

·
Registered
716 Posts
How bent... it may be fixable?

Are the tubes visibly bent? I have seen tubes get out of whack in the triple trees and you can loosen it up and straighten things out. You can also have a VERY mild bend ROLLED out with a ptress. I did that many years ago and it worked fine. If it is really bad...like another said buy a complete fork off a bike that fits like the honda mentioned...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I thought about this as I had heard others mention it. But how do they fit? does the axel fit, the brakes work or do I just use the inners and the tube and will it work with my lower legs?
The bit that bends is the shiny tube.You use the same sliders, which is the part where the wheel mounts, fender and brake bolts to etc. The Honda tubes are slightly longer, you just have to slide them up through the upper clamps so they stick up about an inch or so more than the stock ones. Search the threads on this site, should come up with all the info that you need.
Remember that you need the Honda innards for the tubes as well, that's the whole point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts