Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up installing a motogadget classic in my benji's headlight bucket. As some may remember, purchased one of the first buckets benji made. My only gripe was the crooked idiot light holes he drilled. After having only a tach for a year, I decided to look into other options. My buddy filled in the crooked idiot light holes and made the opening smaller for the gauge. The install is straight forward, I had a few minor wiring questions that motogadget and northernthrux on here responded to quickly. I also used trail tech magnetic rotor bolts instead of using the included magnets. After the first day of use, I highly recommend the motogadget gauge , it is worth every penny.

Here is the before:

Now:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
959 Posts
Damn that looks f'n awesome!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ahh yes, I remember this build. Such an amazing Thruxton. Practically perfect in my opinion. Just like Mary Poppins.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the bucket made out of metal? I'm looking for something like this but need a deeper version to fit a Harley HID headlight - the stock shell with all the wiring makes that pretty complicated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you set the mileage on the gauge?
Yes you can set the milage. I did it on mine last year when replacing the original 'Mileometer' from UK with MotoGadget. I am not 100% satisfied with the size of the digital display. Difficult to read speed in sunshine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts