Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching Benjie's Cafe Racers for about as long as I've been keeping an eye on Carpy. Although I was more impressed with Carpy's work (as well as his eloquent metaphors) at first, I have to say that were I building a CB cafe, I'd be looking to Benjie's site for inspiration nowadays. I love his "dolphin" and "wahle" tanks, and they seem to go for affordable prices on eBay. He's like an endiscovered treasure.

Better pictures on his site:

http://www.benjiescaferacer.com/

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
thanks for the link Mancha. I may be buying a CB750 motor tonight. Unfortunately it's a DOHC from a 1981, but fortunately it's really cheap.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it other than stick it in the garage, but it's so cheap it'd be worth buying just to take apart and look inside. I have a big steel welding table now so I may build a frame jig and mount the motor to the table and build a frame around it...I need to buy a pipe bender and some skills first though.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The site makes me want to finish this tiny Montgomery Wards 125 I'm working on so I can graduate to a CB750.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts