Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been a member on here very long and this was the first time I tried to search for a particular topic, so if there have been a lot of post which I just missed I appologize.
When looking thru the photo albums I saw some people had a belt conversion on the triples.
What is the general opinion of this switch, good, bad, expensive, etc? And if you had it done to your bike where did you get it done?
thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
opinions go both ways, some think it a total waste, others think it is a good idea. I did it on my Legend. I don't know of any shop that will do it for you, but if you are semi handy and don't mind the cost you can try this place Quiet Power Drive

[ This message was edited by: TexasTri on 2006-12-06 01:04 ]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Russ
Have you noticed any power loss or slipage do to the belt drive? I am fairly handy, but I have never worked on motorcycles so figureing thing out on my own is a little out of the question. Does the company you suggested supply instructions?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Jimmie, Thanks for the compliment and Merry Xmas.

Studog00, there is no slippage from a belt drive, matter of fact since you don't have to tighten it there is no loss of power from a poorly adjusted or stretched chain. The kit did come with instructions and was really not that difficult. You will need a bike jack since the rear wheel will be coming off. You'll also be pulling one of the engine side panels that will cause you to lose some oil, so that is a good time to plan on changing it. You will also have to remove the swing-arm to get the belt on. Not much , I just dropped it enough to slide the belt through and put it right back in place, but for some reason this seems to shake some people up.
The owner of QPD was really easy to work with.
You are not that far from me if you want to see it let me know next time you are in the Austin area, I don't get to Houston much for traffic reasons. LOL. If you have further questions and want to give me a call just PM me and I'll send you my number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts