Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I caught a Triumph belt buckle on ebay. It was your standard 70's brass, but was founded in South Bend, IN (not the chincy Taiwan ones!). I grew up in what is left of the old industrial town, and of course sought the item. I missed the sale, but it did not sell, so I emailed the seller and asked to purchase it. He relisted, forgot to email me, and it sold to someone else! Any of you guys familiar with this particular buckle? Hell, why not post pics of any cool old buckles you have!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
No idea how to post pics, wife hasn't got around to teaching me yet. I've got the brass oval shaped Triumph buckle. Had it for about 25 yrs, gone through 3 belts in that time. The printing on the back is "bBb" inside a diamond, then "SOLID BRASS. 1978. BARON BUCKLE. R.O.C 4445. Prolly just the average run of the mill buckle, But I haven't lost it yet, so it must be fond of me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
THIS ONE ANY GOOD

Got this one from a bike show about 5 years ago Love it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heres a Picture of a Belt I found in my barn today, looks like a little kids belt because the belt itself isn't that long.
The back says:
bBb
Solid Brass
Baron Buckle
R.O.C

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a Union Jack oval with Triumph Meridan logo in the center. It is from early seventies.Some of the red for the jack cross bars is gone,but by the same token I am not in the shape I was in in 1973 either.I love the comments I get on the buckle. They stream in at a rate of about 1 in every 6 years.I wear it EVERYDAY.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Here's an interesting belt buckle, for those into "multi-tasking".

Could come in very handy someday, assuming your assailant has the patience to wait whilst you remove your belt, and unclasp the knuckles.

Bob

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
R.O.C. = Republic of China.

Not that it's bad, but just sayin'.

Be nice to have a "Made in England" (or Great Britain) one.

Bob - the aging biker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts