Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
30,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks!

Today I Joined the Minnesota RAT for a ride for the first time. They are a good bunch, and shall we say they like a spirited ride?

Good stuff it was. A shortish ride today, 110 miles around the local countryside near the Belle Plaine dealership. This was a charity ride in aid of St Jude hospital.

About a dozen bikes, ten Triumphs of various sorts - Bonnevilles, Sprints, Daytonas a Rocket III - a good turn out all in all I thought.

My taking off third in line was a mistake I soon realized, as i had to keep the throttle wound wide open to keep up! We went for a good blast along a piece of the Minnesota river road scenic highway, down through Le Seur and to St. Peter, then back to Belle Plaine via New Prague, and then I lost track of the roads.

It was a great ride - quite quick, and an excellent sunny if windy day. It was just great to get out on the bike and enjoy riding again!

Bike line up:

Some of the bikes (what's that duck doing in there?????):

Our RAT pack leaders race bike (completely road legal of course)

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,795 Posts
Looks like a great bunch of bikes; it's a bit bigger group than I'd ride with. The chance of a runaway ego twisting the throttle rises as the square of the number of fast bikes...

I bet they sounded great together though!

·
30,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the biggest group I have ever ridden with. It was an experience - those triple boys are not afraid to wind the throttle open. There was definitely some one upmanship going on - I started the ride in third position - and I don't think I shamed myself on the forst part of the ride, but at our first stop point I dropped way back to the rear of the line and let the sportbikes go first.

I'll overtake when I can see the way is clear thanks...........;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts