Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the Bellacorse websit, anyone have pictures of their Bonnie with the Flat Track bars?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't have pictures, but I recently installed the flat track bars and I like the way they look and feel. They bring your hands in closer to the tank - for me , this is comfortable. I have bar end weights, so I had to do some creative work to fit them, since the flat track bars don't have an insert in the end to screw in to. (You can't use the stock end caps either) My solution was to get the proper diameter wooden dowl, (spelling) cut to length, and epoxy into the ends of the handlebars. I got these at the local hardware store - 3 bucks for a 3 ft piece. Then I drilled a pilot hole, and was able to screw my bar end weights into place - works great - this may be the solution for other aftermarket bars without inserts. Do this, and you can use bar end weights, stock end caps, and re-use your stock grips.

Bob

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-11-23 06:34, Berta wrote:
I don't have pictures, but I recently installed the flat track bars and I like the way they look and feel. They bring your hands in closer to the tank - for me , this is comfortable. I have bar end weights, so I had to do some creative work to fit them, since the flat track bars don't have an insert in the end to screw in to. (You can't use the stock end caps either) My solution was to get the proper diameter wooden dowl, (spelling) cut to length, and epoxy into the ends of the handlebars. I got these at the local hardware store - 3 bucks for a 3 ft piece. Then I drilled a pilot hole, and was able to screw my bar end weights into place - works great - this may be the solution for other aftermarket bars without inserts. Do this, and you can use bar end weights, stock end caps, and re-use your stock grips.

Bob
Thanks Bob! So with the wood dowel I will be able to use my stock caps and grips? I haven't bought bar end weights so I guess I don't have them . What is their purpose, vibration reduction? If you get a chance , I would love a side shoot of the entire bike showing the bars and also a seated shot.
Jeff

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jeff - I put on bar end weights to reduce vibration, but I also like the way they look, and they give me more room on the grips to move my hands on long rides. I got these from Jenk's Bolts. I also have bar risers risers installed . Got them from Jenk's too. I like a more upright riding position for most of my riding on back country roads. On the highway, I simply change my posture to a more forward lean, and this seems to work out for me.

I do not have access to a digital camera right now, so i can't send pictures. Good luck!

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts