Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here has these and what he thinks about them and how they look. The photo at the vendor is really too dark to get an idea of their appearance.
I am thinking about kneepads on my Thruxton; they are nice in cold weather and the grip is nice during heavy braking [I squeeze the tank a bit to reduce the forward slide]. OEM's are nice, but since the tank on the '09 Thruxton is wider than the older models, Bella Corse's notation that theirs is thinner caught my attention.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I think they are blowing smoke when they note that the EFI tank is wider and with Triumph knee pads that are thick and heavy that it would make the tank too wide - unless you're a midget, errrr, a little person, I don't think you'll even notice the "extra thickness". My T100 has an EFI tank w/ Triumph's knee pads and I don't even notice any thickness issues... BTW, probably either BC's pads or the Triumph ones will look fine.
Good luck!
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts