Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my My motorcycle has only 19,000 km and the belt is completely split, I wonder how this is possible! The mechanic tells me that it comes after a maintenance product when washing the motorcycle. Do you have any answers?

·
Registered
260 Posts
When did the problem first appear -- immediately after the maintenance or later?

Do you know if the mechanic applied any lubricant or other product directly to the belt?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Je suis en relation avec le concessionnaire et avec Triumph France car je trouve inadmissible qu'une courroie casse dès 20000km de parcours. Le mécanicien prêtant que cette avarie proviendrai d'un usage d'un détergeant agressif pour la courroie de ma part.
Comme tout le monde je nettoie mes vehicules avec de l'acide bien sûr.

·
Registered
260 Posts
HI Christian:
What is the damage to the belt like?
If they are blaming a cleaning agent, then the damage would be extensive and appear like rotting or corrosion, because it is unlikely you only cleaned a small section of the belt..
If damage is localized and looks like a tear or shredding, then that is either external damage from road debris (like a stone) or belt failure caused by other factors like defective construction or poor materials.
Did the damage occur suddenly? was it good one day and damaged the next day? Did the damage occur while the bike was in your care or at a repair shop?
Lots of factors to consider here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
j'ai constaté les dommages en déposant la moto sur le parking du concessionnaire Triumph.les valises étant déposées je pouvais facilement voir la courroie.Elle est coupée en deux tout le long comme si j'avais deux courroies parallèles.aucun trace de saleté, produit d'entretien ni même de goudron, rien elle est comme neuve si je puis dire je me servais de la moto tous les jours sans rien remarquer. la coupure est assez nette bien au milieu.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This time I used Google translator. Christian wrote:

saw the damage when placing the bike in the parking lot of the Triumph dealership. with the suitcases deposited I could easily see the belt. it is cut in half all the way down as if I had two parallel belts. no trace of dirt, product maintenance or even tar, nothing it is like new if I can say I used the bike every day without noticing anything. the cut is quite clear in the middle.

So it sounds like his belt has separated into two parallel belts ... ie split down the middle into 2 narrower belts

Sure sounds like defective belt from Triumph to me. Nothing to do with cleaning agents.
Of course getting them pay for it is another question!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts