Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Beeline Moto on the Scrambler. I don't like big screens like the Garmin or TomTom devices, so this was my only option.
I also got the optional bar clamp mount and the carry case. I was expecting a cheap plastic mount and thought it was rather expensive for what it was. Much to my surprise, this is a heavy and very well made metal mount, no cheap plastic here! It comes with rubber inserts for different diameter bars. I had hoped to install it just next to the handlebar clamp, but none of the rubber inserts fit. I ended up installing it next to the mirror. Perfect fit.

Wood Font Grey House numbering Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motorcycle

The mount can be turned in 22.5° steps, but that is something they could improve on. I could not install it perfectly aligned. Smaller 12° steps or so would be better, but that's a bit nitpicking I guess.

Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

The case is worth the money as well. I wasn't planning on ordering it, but I got it for free. It's semi hard plastic and leaves a bit of room to store some small items like earplugs. Nice.

Door Automotive tire Automotive lighting Nickel Door handle

I tested the Beeline on a couple of short trips and it works really well. It's a bit different to a normal navsat and takes a bit of getting used to. There's no spoken directions, only a big arrow and the distance to the next turn. Inside the arrow pictograms appear like roundabouts and such. The dot indicates the direction of the next turn.
I don't think it's suited for city centers with roads close together though. I'm sure it'll get confused there. Luckely it recalculates when taking a wrong turn.
All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. It's small, well made and directions are clear enough for me :).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts