Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Another dry day in the Pacific Northwest! Trust me when I say that's rare this time of year. Taking advantage of it I got in another 100 mile ride today to Multnomah Falls along the Columbia River Gorge. I've been there many times before but never on a Rocket. I knew it would make a great backdrop for a bike photo.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
For a minute there i thought those were Triumph promo pictures.. I know exactly where that is near Rt 84. Boy are you in an excellent riding zone. You'll have to check out Glacier National Park in the warmer months. Black Hills to the East ..El Capitan to the South i envy you. Do you miss the Carolinas..??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For a minute there i thought those were Triumph promo pictures.. I know exactly where that is near Rt 84. Boy are you in an excellent riding zone. You'll have to check out Glacier National Park in the warmer months. Black Hills to the East ..El Capitan to the South i envy you. Do you miss the Carolinas..??
Deal's Gap & the Dragon were interesting in the Smokey Mountains of Georgia. I loved to take a ride to the Two Wheels Only motorcycle resort when the summer temperatures soared. Charlestom, SC was fascinating for storing the Hunley submarine, the first used in the civil war to blow up a ship. I don't miss the bugs, hot & humid weather or the hurricanes.

I do live in motorcycle heaven, with the Columbian River Gorge, Pacific highway, Cascade Mountains, High Desert in Eastern Oregon to name just a few. Then there's Vancouver, BC, the Redwoods of Fortuna, CA & the Avenue of the Giants. I've been to them all.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hard to beat California, Oregon and Washington for spectacular motorcycling. I haven't been to the Gorge yet but have ridden the other places you mentioned. One of my favorite rides in Oregon is 138 from Reedsport to Roseburg, or near there. The twistiest road I have ever been on is route 36 from Fortuna to Red Bluff........its about 130 miles of twisties through the boonies. Would NOT want to break down in the middle of that ride.

On the Rocket though, I prefer freeway twisities, the sort of long sweeping turns you get on Interstate 5 from Redding up to near Eugene. You can take em easily at 90 mph and to me that is where the Rocket really shines and I don't want to be on any other bike. Route 36 on the Rocket would wear me out about halfway through.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Bob,
you lucky ole dog.
The finest motorcycle AND the best scenery.
I rode to work yesterday, high 20's low 30's when I left. NOT today, minus 9 out there. Well take care and have fun.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great pics Bob, What kind of camera are you using?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice to see your are gettin some winter rides. Bob are you using the back reast on the seat much?

odie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice to see your are gettin some winter rides. Bob are you using the back reast on the seat much?

odie
Constantly. I like the way you can reach behind you as you ride and adjust the distance to your back. Very comfortable, especially when combined with the stock floorboards.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Great pics Bob!

2 of my kids live in Portland and I've driven (not ridden) the old Gorge Highway including Multnomah and the other falls along the route. What a beautiful stretch of road! In fact, most of Oregon is spectacular! Congrats again on the RIII!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts