Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, looks like lighter winds over the next several days and highs in the mid 70's c. We've been fighting 20 to 30 mph winds all month and temps in the mid 80's. Not being a strong winter rider, anything between 55 and 100 degrees is acceptable, but the winds have been brutal. But this week really goods.

Last weekend I washed her really good to get the dust off as she's been sitting for a few weeks (in the living room next to the 71 Tiger so it doesn't get too dusty). Drained the old ethanol mixed crappy fuel out and filled with 100 octane street legal performance fuel. Put the gear on this morning and rode into work. It was like walking your dog after you haven't for a while, she was pulling at the leash and wanted to go!

Trust all of you have great some riding days this time of year also. Enjoy and drive safe.

Ron

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hi Ron,

The weather's cheered up here in the UK as well. The (very slippy) salt they put on the roads to melt the ice has gone, and the roads are now grippy. The weather is warm and dry for spring.

I've been out a good few times now, and always seem to end up in the Scottish Border / Northumberland area. The roads up there are perfect for the Tiger, twisty flowing backroads with next to no cars on them.

It's a great feeling blasting about without a care in the world :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, it was great in north Texas today. Put another 140 miles on the new T800. That brings it up to a whopping 180 total since I picked it up two days ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts