Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beat to death, but I'm still unsatisfied.

I sat on some thruxton gel seats at the dealer and think they are much more comfortable than my T-100 standard seat, which is starting to feel like I am sitting on a steel toed boot. However, I like the look of the Triumph solo seat. How much improvement in firmness is there from the stock T-100 seat to the solo seat? I have never sat on the solo seat, so I don't want to be disappointed if it is less comfortable than the thruxton gel seat. Thanks and sorry for bringing this one back to life again.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like the thrux seat the best of the three. Pretty comfortable if making trips under 200-300 miles. It looks great too. Especially on that sweet tuxedo'd T-100 you've got. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
You can use it 2-up? Cool.
yeah, my girlfriend sits on the inner edge of the hump, right up against me. She actually likes it better for 2up than the stock seat because she doesn't feel like she's going to slide off. She's pretty petite, around 5'4'' and 120 lbs, but I'm not petite! I'm 6'00'' around 260 lbs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah, my girlfriend sits on the inner edge of the hump, right up against me. She actually likes it better for 2up than the stock seat because she doesn't feel like she's going to slide off. She's pretty petite, around 5'4'' and 120 lbs, but I'm not petite! I'm 6'00'' around 260 lbs.
Still hittin' that gym? Got to work those turkey leftovers off my friend!!! :)

Stick with it! I'm working at it right now myself.... (Insert Rocky music here...)

** Never thought of the solo seat for 2 up. Good idea. My wife's about the same size as your girl. If my bike doesn't sell, I may pick one up.

·
30,296 Posts
I have the solo seat - it's definitely better than the stock seat, but it's too soft still. The foam collapses and your leg squishes against the seat pan - this is ultimately what leads to discomfort.

However - I can go a hell of a lot longer on the solo seat than on the stock seat, but my Corbin still has the award for longest day in the saddle without achieving numbarse syndrome.

I haven't been able to tempt a nymph to sit behind me for a comparison of pillion comfort, but then again, i don't care how numb their arse gets.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Still hittin' that gym? Got to work those turkey leftovers off my friend!!! :)

Stick with it! I'm working at it right now myself.... (Insert Rocky music here...)

** Never thought of the solo seat for 2 up. Good idea. My wife's about the same size as your girl. If my bike doesn't sell, I may pick one up.
yup, still hittin the gym and making good progress. As usual, when I start to workout I gain about 5-10lbs before I lose a lot due to building muscle. Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How soft is soft for the solo seat? Is it an improvement over stock?

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I have the scrambler solo gel on my Bonnie with the little rack behind it. I have posted pics. I love it, I mean looooovvveee it. I love it just about as much as Jax's avatar which he should send me in a much bigger form. :) Unless that is your wife or girlfriend in which case I will respectfully not stare. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts