Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saturday 18th. totaled bike. broke collarbone, heal and wrist. tore up a bunch of other stuff. operation yesterday where they rebuilt my wrist. leathers saved me. cut off by a pickup - rolled and ended up on his grill. he took off but my bike ripped his license plate off so i imagine they will track him down.

i loved riding. not sure if i'll get back on.

you guys are all great. loved the forum. who knows.

no fear but try to ride safe.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Nunzio...

Glad to hear from you.

I was waiting for you guys that day at the Mobil off 76/15.

It's a shame I never even got to meet you.

No matter what, I wish you all the best and try and have a great Holiday Season.

Take Care,
JOHN

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Glad you survived, man.

Hang in there and hope they nail the bastard for hit and run.

You may not feel like getting back in the saddle now, but it's early. Time'll tell if it's in your blood.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Hey Nunzio, I heard about your accident and I'm really sorry to hear man. I hope you heal super quick, and try not to let it get ya down so much that ya don't get back on. I know it's hard, I've been there man. Luckily I wasn't injured as badly, so I know that's hard, but don't let it keep ya from doing whacha love man. Hope they catch the bastard that hit ya! :mad:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i really don't care about the bastard. it's the giving up the ride. i just love to ride. you guys know what i mean. maybe i'll be back. but this was a rough one.

later

cb my white one was faster

·
Registered
919 Posts
Bummer man! Hate to hear another white one bites the dust. Broken bones heal but it sure takes awhile as we get older. I'm almost at the 6 month point since I broke my collarbone & shoulder blade. Still hurts at times. Hang in there, the first 2 weeks are the worst. I was back on a new white S3 in 5 weeks.

Hope they catch the [email protected] and he is well insured. You are entitled to a new bike, medical care, compensation for missed time and pain & suffering.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Tough way to enter the holidays. Hope you heal up quickly and completely.

I quit riding for a few years back in the early 80's after being the victim of a hit & run driver. Didn't suffer quite as much damage as you did, but it still soured me on motorcycles for a while. Since then, one thing I've done differently is to avoid riding in congested areas, so I don't commute on the bike or ride in the city much at all. Rural areas have their hazards too, but I feel like I'm managing the risk a little better.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That sucks, man :( Hope you get well soon and the cager***** goes to jail :mad:

And please, don't let this scare you away from biking. But I'm not surprised if you don't feel like biking for a while. Just give it some time :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts