Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Just installed the BC slammer seat but I am having trouble lining up the rear seat bracket to the frame holes. Did anyone else run into that issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi everyone!

Just installed the BC slammer seat but I am having trouble lining up the rear seat bracket to the frame holes. Did anyone else run into that issue? Thanks!

There's a metal latch on the underside of the seat, towards the front. You'll see a metal housing by the tank, facing the rear of the bike. "Park" the metal latch into the metal housing.

Once that's done, you just have to put your weight on the back of the seat to get it all to line up and seat correctly, man.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a metal latch on the underside of the seat, towards the front. You'll see a metal housing by the tank, facing the rear of the bike. "Park" the metal latch into the metal housing.

Once that's done, you just have to put your weight on the back of the seat to get it all to line up and seat correctly, man.
Hi, thanks for the insight! I've done that correctly, i think there are 2 rubber pieces on each side (near those 2 metal hook pieces) that is hitting and sitting on the frame, which is preventing the seat from sitting lower. I may try and remove that..

·
Registered
301 Posts

Hi, thanks for the insight! I've done that correctly, i think there are 2 rubber pieces on each side (near those 2 metal hook pieces) that is hitting and sitting on the frame, which is preventing the seat from sitting lower. I may try and remove that..
I'd keep the rubber bungs, but you might try taking some heavy grit sandpaper to them and just shaving them down slightly until the bolts and holes line up

·
Registered
301 Posts
Great! Thanks for the insight. Did you have to do this on yours as well?
I didn't.

Also, check that none of the cables or anything else in the electrical bay is interfering with the seat prior to sanding the rubber down.

Some of those cables and especially the OBD port can get caddywampus, which can interfere with the seats "flushness".

Cinching the whole thing together is known by many to be a pain, myself included. It takes a lot of downward force on the rear while threading screws to make it all take.

You could sand the rubber, but if it were me, with a seat this price, I'd reach out to BC and see about a replacement if it gets to the point where nothing else works.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't.

Also, check that none of the cables or anything else in the electrical bay is interfering with the seat prior to sanding the rubber down.

Some of those cables and especially the OBD port can get caddywampus, which can interfere with the seats "flushness".

Cinching the whole thing together is known by many to be a pain, myself included. It takes a lot of downward force on the rear while threading screws to make it all take.

You could sand the rubber, but if it were me, with a seat this price, I'd reach out to BC and see about a replacement if it gets to the point where nothing else works.

Thanks again man! So it sounds like to me that you had the same alignment issue? But you got around it by putting some downward force and just threading the screws in and making it work that way?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks again man! So it sounds like to me that you had the same alignment issue? But you got around it by putting some downward force and just threading the screws in and making it work that way?
Yep, exactly that. Ton of downward force on the rear of the seat while threading the screw in. Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, exactly that. Ton of downward force on the rear of the seat while threading the screw in. Good luck!
Great thanks! I was going to do that but was afraid to force the issue. But if most people are accomplishing fitment that way with no problems, I'll just go ahead and do that. Considering what we've paid for these seats from BC, not really ideal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts