Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my local shop put a set of predators on my '08 Thruxton last week. While I love the tone, they are a bit louder than I would like. I am thinking that maybe TOR's are what I am looking for. Anyone out there have a good set of TOR's they would like to trade for Predators?

·
Registered
673 Posts
You may want to look at the Dominator Touring pipes. They're basically the same pipe as the predators but a bit more subdued volume level.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem trading preds for tors. I think a lot of folks want to go that way.

I did just see some tors on ebay today, btw.

Jack

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just installed the BC Preds myself a few weeks back - I agree, they are a little loud :rolleyes: but I'm keeping them, despite the neighbors!
(BTW I have a perfect set of original mufflers if anyone's interested!!:))

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like loud!!

If the D&D pipes are quieter and you like em I'll trade ya

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
If you like the Preds and if they're a bit loud you can try getting some 1 1/2 inch baffles from JC Whitney for 5$ each and put them in the pipe with your Preds and adjust your carbs accordingly . It might soften up the Preds for you . If not you only lost 10$ .
I've never tried it but it's worth a shot . IMO the louder you are the better . I actually swopped my Preds for Bubs .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts