Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the BBC launched a five-part series on the subject tonight/last night/at some point in the time-zone/dateline-distorted past.

I have two questions for those who saw it;

1. What did you think?

2. How can a New Mexico resident get to see it, short of time travel and airline tickets?

·
Registered
58 Posts
History lessons...

Hello there HiDesert,

Glad to see someone wanting to know more about the promised land! I'll ask around and see what I can come up with. I know there are diffculties with getting stuff from the BBC out here, but some guys that I work with are pretty sharp at these things ;)

You should be able to listen to the stories and others like them through one of the bbc podcasts: http://www.open2.net/scotland/walks_podcast.html

Martin

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Unfortunately some of the BBC podcasts are not for overseas consumption ! Quite frustrating at times. Just what are they telling you people that they don't want others to know ? :D

--------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
HIdesert!

You can watch them if you download an IP generator and generate an IP address for the UK. Its easier said then done.

A few Years ago the BBC did an amazing 5 DVD 10 part series on the History of England. My wife and I got the DVD's from our Public Library. Absolutely fantastic production.

THe History of Scotland would interest me as well and check the BBC if they have it on DVD.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
There were as many as five episodes in a history of Scotland??....:eek:

(he says, ducking inside large reinforced concrete fallout shelter and jamming fingers in ears...:D)

·
Registered
84 Posts
The first part is very good, well up to date and as acurate as the current knowledge of events of pictish/scottish history from the 6th - 10th centuries allows. Much better than previous attempts.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Young soldier on patrol at Hadrians Wall:

- Centurian, what's that red hedge moving towards us in disarray.

Centurian to young soldier:

- That's not a hedge, that the scots!

Five episodes does seem like a lot to me too. :D

One must be on the history of scottish food. Nah, probaby not, they wouldn't allow the gentle viewerrs to see people eating deep fried Mars Bars!.

Spoken like a true sassenach!

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No dice with BBC America. Sounds like the IP generator is the most likely bet so far. And I'd give myself about one chance in three of doing that without totally screwing up my internet connection. Do I dare? :(

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I'd do some research on it. I have never done it and I am not sure how simple it is.

It piffes me off when tv companies do this. Up here in Canada we get all the American TV shows and channels yet I cant go on NBC and watch it via the internet because I have a Cdn IP address. It makes no sense at all.

Infuriates me.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Well that settles it:eek:, it is time to watch Braveheart again:D

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
There were as many as five episodes in a history of Scotland??
yep the first episode is about those who migrated to USA looked around said fook this and got back on the boat:D

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Thanks KK the first history link is OK but the 2nd vid link is only available within UK (that's the message displayed to me).

---------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ditto, unfortunately. Thanks for trying, though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts