Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exceptional weather today in PA, spent the better part of the day riding around here locally. While stopping in at a new shop that recently opened, two guy's approached me and began talking about Triumph's, and how the New Bonneville fared in general.

While we were talking one of them noticed that my clutch cable was resting against my left head pipe...( dammit )...I pulled the cable some and situated it so that it would clear the header while we finished our conversation.

As I left the leather shop, I headed towards Battlefield HD. There were a slew of bike's there today, lot's of folks enjoying the mid december heat wave. Ken inside was helping out at the part's desk, and when hearing of my issue with my cable, was more than happy to throw me a couple zip ties to gimme a hand sorting the cable.

Great bunch of guy's at Battlefield, if your ever in the area drop in, have a coffee or water and spend some time with genuinely nice HD riders.

:upthumb:

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I know the feeling. I didn't replace one zip tie holding the clutch cable when I removed the crash bars that came on my 2003 T100, thinking I'd run to the hardware store next morning and buy a bag of the things. Tomorrow never came. Not a problem until Grebmrof and I had ridden from Cleveland to Iola Kansas, where I noticed that the clutch cable had worked it's way onto the front fender and rubbed a small patch of paint clear down to the primer. Luckily, Tom had a spare tie wrap with him, and the damage was minimal.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Locally they are yes...we are also very close to one of their plant's in York PA. Not that I think that has anything to do with it....just give's you a sense of how "thick" Harley country is around here.

Not that I find anything wrong with that... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.