Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on which battery tender (charger) to get - i.e great ones and ones to avoid plus are the smaller ones fine or is it worth shelling out for one of the larger ones? :???:

·
Registered
528 Posts
We have 3 of the small yusa chargers they work just great for plugging the bikes in over winter,if you just want to maintain your battery the smaller ones will do fine,just make sure you dont get a manual charger you want the kind that just cycles on as the battery needs it

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've got a Battery Tender Jr. on my Triumph. Seems to be working great. Bike starts much easier in the cooler temps. Haven't heard of any problems with them. I'm sure they aren't the best out there, but for $25 and a 5 year warranty I figured I'd give it a shot. I've always heard good things about the Battery Tender brand.

also have a 10-unit Battery Tender ($650USD) in my shed maintaining the batteries for the training motorcycles where I am an MSF instructor. That thing is a beast.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I just need something to maintain my battery so I'll get one of the small ones.
:upthumb:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Since I am in the same boat, does anybody have the part number or link to the socket plug that I can use to hook up the tender to the bike's aux outlet?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We're using three NAPA 85-300A 12V-1.5 A trickle chargers.
Cost about $40.00 CDN each. Batteries removed from bikes. Seems to be working fine and cheaper than buying a new battery each Spring.

·
Registered
944 Posts
On 2007-01-06 13:01, DragonDan wrote:
Since I am in the same boat, does anybody have the part number or link to the socket plug that I can use to hook up the tender to the bike's aux outlet?
Thanks in advance.
Google "Powerlet". I've seen them mentioned on this site, too.

Whole lot of nifty things you can do with this plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts