Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep my 09 T00 on a "Battery Tender" charger when not in use, and the battery seems strong. How long can I expect my battery to last ? Also, does a dead battery mean a dead bike, or could it be bump started ? Sorry for the dumb questions.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Personally I'm not sure, but it will be longer than the normal 2 to 3 year lifespan for a motorcycle battery. On my 2010 I put the battery on the tender about twice a week and at 2 years, it's very strong.

As far as bump starting, if it's fuel injected (don't remember the year that started) then that would be a big no.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I keep my 09 T00 on a "Battery Tender" charger when not in use, and the battery seems strong. How long can I expect my battery to last ? Also, does a dead battery mean a dead bike, or could it be bump started ? Sorry for the dumb questions.
I and many friends have had continual good life span on batteries. We only suffer a few weeks of extreme cold, if that but a few months of heat.
4 years is good, 5-6 is what we are getting.

·
Premium Member
20,730 Posts
But I just read the other day that someone was bump starting an EFI in 2nd gear?! :confused:
Yes, on a recent thread. There must be enough juice left in the battery to power the fuel pump priming sequence and the ECU at least, but it can be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts