Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have briefly looked at the manual that came with the bike regarding battery maintenance on my 11 Speedmaster. It was not as descriptive in terms of a diagram as i would have liked. I want to attach my connectors for my heated jacket. Is there anything special i should know about accessing the battery and sequence of gaining access. This looks not as obvious as getting at my other bikes batteries. Its getting chilly here. Thank you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I agree with you that getting to the battery is not simple. I had the dealer install a Powerlet when I bought my bike, so now I have an easy access point to plug in my Battery Tender or while riding, my GPS device. You might want to look into doing that as well for your heated gear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer is 90 mins away and unfortunately i did not have this part to drop off to them while i was waiting to get my plates to pick up the bike so i am hoping to do myself.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Start by removing the chrome semi circle cover that looks like a pancake filter on the battery side of the bike. Then remove the plastic moulding under that chrome cover. You'll now have access to the screw that holds the top of the stainless steel battery strap. Undo this and you can then remove the plastic cover on top of the battery.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. it looked like the chrome piece needed to come off before i could remove the black plastic piece above the battery box but i did want to start in on something uneccessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts