Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
thanks Det and Ross for organising another 2-city RAID. It's really good getting 12-15 riders together for a day ride.

I ended up with 710K for the day and an average speed of 98kph according to the Sprint computer - so not a bad effort overall.

It was good to see everyone again, especially as I missed Coffs.

Here's the obligatory pics (not many today)... Bathurst-RatRAID

Hey Brett, that sequence of shots of you look like a before and after you jumped off the mountain :)

Harry set a cracking pace back over the mountain. I hope no one got caught by the cops between Faulconbridge and Springwood.

Harry, Jock and I were at the Shell at Lithgow having a chat right on 4pm when we hear a bunch of (Triumph) bikes go by on the highway. Both ways are about equal in time but I think we did the more fun road to Lithgow :)

have a good one guys, and thanks for the company etc. twas a great day to be out!
Russ :chug:

[ This message was edited by: ruscook on 2006-11-25 03:23 ]

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I reckon we could add suave and debonair to the list :-D

Thanks for putting the pics up so quick Russ. Another great ride day. We finally got to visit The Hallowed Mountain.

I never once thought of jumping.

Did anyone notice how f***ing hot is was??? :flam:

Pity I couldnt make it to Wollongong for the after ride drinks. Bloody work gets in the way of everything :kck:

Those cops were having a smoke break when I came through and I, the "rebel biker" was the only vehicle doing the speed limit!

I racked up about 480kms for the day and it only cost me a carton of beer to have three hours of my shift covered.

See you all on the next one.

Brett.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On 2006-11-25 04:23, Beach wrote:
I never once thought of jumping.
Did anyone notice how f***ing hot is was??? :flam:
*****, wearing all that leather I just never noticed :)

When I left home @ 7am it was 21C, the Southern highlands dropped to 17C and the most I saw was 38C. Not a bad spread of temps in 10hrs :)

Pity I couldnt make it to Wollongong for the after ride drinks. Bloody work gets in the way of everything :kck:

Those cops were having a smoke break when I came through and I, the "rebel biker" was the only vehicle doing the speed limit!

I racked up about 480kms for the day and it only cost me a carton of beer to have three hours of my shift covered.

See you all on the next one.
Yeah dinner out would have been good, although I've gotta admit I was a touch tired by the time I made it home.

That's typical re: the speed trap, goes to show cagers can't pay attention to much at all!

You bet hope I can make the next one as well.

Russ

·
Registered
565 Posts
G'day..

Well, another great ride - great company, great bunch of bikes..

The laps around Mt Panorama race circuit were terrific fun. I still prefer Eastern Creek for track days, and will get to Philip Island for a track day sometime - now that's a bike circuit :cool:

As we enter the festive season, every year I promise myself - get ya head right, knock off the fast runs, fast corners, don't get booked, etc, etc. I still have plenty of points on my license, but with double demerits coming up - now is the time to keep the big fun for the tracks..

I sent some pics to Det to post on the Gong rat pack site..

As per Russ's report - leaves no doubt now, the RED ones are faster..

Take care folks..

Bathurst line up

[ This message was edited by: harrya13 on 2006-11-26 22:02 ]

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi All

It was a great day thanks for everyone for coming

Ride report and this will take you all the photos aswell

:chug: Det

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was a great day and a great ride indeed. Good to ride with you all once again.

Wonder who'll get the first surprise from the Mt Panorama camera?

Look forward to another ride soon.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On 2006-11-27 00:01, Deus wrote:
Was a great day and a great ride indeed. Good to ride with you all once again.
Wonder who'll get the first surprise from the Mt Panorama camera?
Look forward to another ride soon.
It sure was...

What bloody camera? Oh you're having a lend of us...... :)

Russ

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Theres a f***ing smart a*se in every crowd.

I stand on the wall at the top of The Sacred Mountain and look what happens.

Brett. :nana:

·
Registered
17 Posts
what, you mean that bird, or was it a plane...

Great Pics all, ***** my camera... :hammer:

New one on the way :clap:

[ This message was edited by: Deus on 2006-11-27 23:37 ]

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
....sounds like a great ride.Thanks for the report and photos.

I envy you guys being able to get together for those rides.

I'm out on a bit of a limb up here and while I ride with the Ulysses Club sometimes - I only get to ride with Triumphs occaisionally - on Rat Raids.Thats the beauty of this site - it reduces the isolation a bit.

Russ - its spooky seeing your bike with the Ventura pack on - thats my bike!

Grant :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On 2006-11-28 02:15, iceman wrote:
....sounds like a great ride.Thanks for the report and photos.

I envy you guys being able to get together for those rides.

I'm out on a bit of a limb up here and while I ride with the Ulysses Club sometimes - I only get to ride with Triumphs occaisionally - on Rat Raids.Thats the beauty of this site - it reduces the isolation a bit.

Russ - its spooky seeing your bike with the Ventura pack on - thats my bike!

Grant :cool:
Glad we can help, if only vicariously Iceman :) .

Yes it is spooky, I feel the same when I see your's or one on Nth America with a rack - and then feel ripped off that I wasn't at that location :)

Russ

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi All

Just for those who have not seen the photo

:chug: det

[ This message was edited by: detjan on 2006-11-28 06:38 ]

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You can all kiss my lilly white a**!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Brett.

·
Registered
565 Posts
G'day all..

Brett may look a bit " curious " in his week end riding gear - but what a great pic of my bike below him :)

I might even photo shop that and put my head in there. If that works out, I'll post a copy.

That would put an end to the comments from some BMW riding mates " who the f**k do you think you are on that RED bike, Superman or something ?? "

Have a great Christmas guys.. already looking forward to the Rat rides starting up early next year..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Harry

here you go mate

:chug: Det

PS Now we have got two supermen in our pack

[ This message was edited by: detjan on 2006-11-29 14:13 ]

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Not bad... but I reckon I'm much better looking and the blue suit looks a lot better on the silver ST.

:pkit: :nana: :moon: :chug: :-g :roflmoa2:

Brett.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thx Det...

The hi res copy you pm'd me is beaut.. I will distribute that to all my BMW mates - they'll love it..

Guess you've all heard..
Just yesterday I was at the mechanics - a car came
in with oil dripping from the engine bay and had sprayed over the car a bit , an eskimo woman hopped out with something sticky on her face. The mechanic took one look and said, "Looks like you've blown a seal, love!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts