Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the TuneECU app for my android phone. I haven't used it yet because my Rocket III Touring is stored for the winter but when I checked out the app and I don't know what something is. Where it asks the user to select their bike, it lists "Triumph (Sagem)" and "Triumph (Keihin)". I don't know what those designations mean. What are those choices? Which applies to my R3T?

Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
I recently purchased the TuneECU app for my android phone. I haven't used it yet because my Rocket III Touring is stored for the winter but when I checked out the app and I don't know what something is. Where it asks the user to select their bike, it lists "Triumph (Sagem)" and "Triumph (Keihin)". I don't know what those designations mean. What are those choices? Which applies to my R3T?

Thanks
Sagem and Keihin are manufacturers of Engine Control Units (ECU) used by Triumph

If you look here:
You can see all the bikes listed for each

Most Triumphs have a Keihin ECU, including the original Rocket 3, though yours isn't listed as yet. This doesn't mean that you can't use TuneECU, though your functionality might be limited. i.e. you might be able to read information but not change it.

Nothing wrong with plugging in the dongle and having a look; no need to start the bike (though you will most likely have to turn on the ignition)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts