Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the base price (orriginal price) of a '59 Bonnie in 1959?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not quite with you GPZ. I was thinking it may be interesting to find out what each one of us would have paid for their bike back in the day it was built.

Any ideas? Just a more or less figure. There must people on this forum that have some idea.

I have tried searching the net and have not been successful. Know of any websites?

·
Registered
970 Posts
From memory

I think in the UK a new bonny cost about £260 in 1959. Due to hyperinflation at a time when money wasn't printed ad lib by governments in 1970 it had reached a staggering £330

You should not see these price rises as things getting expensive, but one of money getting cheap.

Unfortunately I do not kow the exchange rate at this time, have a feeling there were about 4$ to the £ but not real sure.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think most things are relative, as Panda says “I think in the UK a new bonny cost about £260 in 1959”. And it sounds “ok“ to me, at 4 times that makes sense what GPZ said US $1000-00.

I figure just put the amount you figure it was back then for your bike, in whatever currency was used then in which ever country you are in.

It doesn’t go about a '59 bonnie but any bike back in the day your bike was manufactured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts