Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Where I take my KLR bar end mirrors wouldn't last long. But for on road, I get it. I have them on my Scrambler.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I have them on my Scrambler as well. Cheap replacement when they get trashed.
The OP's pictures of the eBay specials look identical to the "on sale" for $40USD I got at Cycle Gear. Normal price $80. I feel the $39 was a little high for the quality but have seen them for $15 on eBay.
If my Scrambler never saw the dirt, I'd go quality as well. Truth be told, the cheap ones work just fine. No vibration issues or spinning glass. I really could live with just one due to the concaved glass.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
My Scrambler will not see anything more than gravel and dirt roads. I put Joker Machine mirrors on it. Candidly, the JM mirrors are very good quality, but I am not completely thrilled with them. I thought they would be easily flipped in and out, which would be nice for in the garage, or if one wanted to lane split. That is not the case. They tighten down with allen heads and are not readily adjustable. I'll keep them for now, but eventually I'll be looking for something else.....Far be it from me to criticize made in China product when I'm not totally happy with my made in the USA product. Good quality, but in my opinion, not a great design.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just mount a left handed bar end mirror on my bikes. Visibility is fine for the quick checks that shouldn't replace turning your head and looking with your eyes. Sorry if this comes off preachy. I don't like f'ing around with the throttle sleeve either, just too paranoid about it sticking.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just mount a left handed bar end mirror on my bikes. Visibility is fine for the quick checks that shouldn't replace turning your head and looking with your eyes. Sorry if this comes off preachy. I don't like f'ing around with the throttle sleeve either, just too paranoid about it sticking.
I've gotten fairly used to it except psychologically it all feels a bit off

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have them on both sides. Without a doubt, I have absolutey 100% zero blind spots looking into my mirrors.
That said, I still look over my shoulder...old habit I can't shake ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
a little trick I have used with 100% success in similar situations is to pull out the tin snips, cut a soda can open to a sheet of aluminium and then trim a strip down that I roll up and insert into the bar with the expandable joint. The joint digs into the aluminium and the insert/bar end/ etc are in for good.
That's old school!! Coke can shim... my dad did that once to a set of clip-ons for me. I was skeptical at first but they never moved.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts