Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using one on a Bonneville? My Napoleans have a real vibration problem that I didn't have with the lollypops.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I put one on (in) my Scramblers bars when I got rid of the stock bars and weights. The stock bars are made with much thicker tubing than aftermarket bars. The bar snake really helps, but they sure are a PITA to install.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Same here... didn't have a vibration problem till I switched bars. I used Manic Salamander weights at first, but installed a BarSnake when I went to bar-end mirrors. The BarSnake does a good job deadening the vibration... even better than the the bar-end weights did IMO.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
smartin108,

I put a Bar Snake in my NB Superbars after installing them. It was a PITA. So if you want to use a Bar Snake (they work like a charm, no more vibes) get the liquid one. It'll probably be easier to install.

·
Registered
90 Posts
One of my winter mods was to install the Flat Track bars and I also used the liquid Bar Snake product, I took my first 30 minute ride today and I noticed a significant difference! Vibration was way down, especially at highway speeds.

I remember thinking the stuff was pretty expensive but now I think it was worth it, I have no association with Bar Snake (however I would accept free product! ha ha ha!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts