Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trying one of these out:
http://www.barsnake.com/
Anyone use these? I notice a lot more vibes in my m-bars after I removed the cheap bar-end mirrors. Obviously the mirrors did a good job absorbing vibration...hence the blurry reflection.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I used one on an 883 Sportster once. Is sort of a variant of the idea of filling the bar with lead shot really. The one I used was a two part concoction which you plugged the holes in the bar, mixed the stuff and poured it into the bar. In about twenty four hours it had hardened into a hard rubber. The other type is a rubber tube and I have no idea which is more effective.
I can say that it was somewhat effective in quelling vibes. Don't expect miracles but it was helpful.

·
Registered
276 Posts
They dont work all that well. Bar end weights are better, something i have done for years is put lead sinkers in the ends of the bars, the ones that are lightly bigger than the bar id, tap them in and away you go cheap ,easy and they work. The best thing i have found is bar end weights.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bar end weights

My original plan was to go with bar end weights but it seems most are for 7/8 O.D. bars. Any good suggestions/sources for 1 inch bars (m-bars)? I guess I could drop a grand on that mig welder I've always wanted and glue up some flat washers.....That would make for a pricy set of weights:D

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have a Bar Snake in my handlebars, which are NB Superbars. I love the fact that I now have NO vibration coming into my hands.

I used a solid version of the Bar Snake, doing it over I'd use the liquid version. It's easier to get into all the nooks and crannies. I'd really use the liquid version on the M-bars. Also make sure you have the bars torqued to factory values, this also helps reduce vibration.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
And I thought a bar snake was a bloke who always accepts a drink but never buys one! :confused:

·
Registered
325 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts