Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, New to the Speed triple forum but been in the cruisers for a bit. I have not long purchased a 2015 Speed, being fairly tall I'm thinking of installing some bar risers to lift the bars by about 30mm, haven't looked if there is genuine option as yet but will. My question is, is there enough length in stock cables, lines to install without modifications? and if anyone can recommend risers they have used I would appreciate Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you thought about a little higher handlebar...
Hi Speed 3 Pilot, yes mate i have given some thought, i have ordered a set of SPP bar mounts to see how they go, they have variable height plates that will allow me to adjust the height. Dealer has said if i don't like or they don't work just bring back. Has anyone combated the issue by changing bars? if so what did they change to?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Check out Rox and SW-Motech risers at Revzilla.com. 1-1/4" risers worked well on my '05 speedy, but that was near the limit of cables and controls with the tapered Triumph fat bar. The difference in attitude is quite dramatic, from wrist pressure to shoulders and hips, even knees and ankles change angles to more relaxed. Made this mod eight years into riding the Speedy, wish I'd done it in year 1. Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts