Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added bar end weights to their Trident to reduce vibration? If so what did you use?

·
Registered
2022 Sapphire Black Trident (waiting on delivery)
1 Posts
I'm still waiting on my Trident but on my previous bike I used BB's inside the handlebars. It helped quite a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[
I'm still waiting on my Trident but on my previous bike I used BB's inside the handlebars. It helped quite a bit.
The Trident bars have a screw thread in the end so I’m not sure how you would get BBs or any other dampener in there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Personally, haven't noticed any buzzy vibrations. Even when I take it up higher in the rev band. Have you had issues with vibrations?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I've got Grip Puppies on mine, but that is more for the grip diameter than vibration--dang XL hands... :LOL:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone added bar end weights to their Trident to reduce vibration? If so what did you use?
Are you still in the "break-in" mode (1k km or I think 600miles)? if so this could be the reason. I am a bit sensitive to vibration as well and this was an issue during that time since the throttle map program for the break in mode restricts the RPMs and the vibes seemed worse around 5k RPM due to the strain of the engine. That said, after the mode switched off after the 1k km, it is MUCH smoother and the vibes are now just a gentle buzz and far more tolerable now the RPMs are not being restricted. Its almost a different bike...in a good way :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you still in the "break-in" mode (1k km or I think 600miles)? if so this could be the reason. I am a bit sensitive to vibration as well and this was an issue during that time since the throttle map program for the break in mode restricts the RPMs and the vibes seemed worse around 5k RPM due to the strain of the engine. That said, after the mode switched off after the 1k km, it is MUCH smoother and the vibes are now just a gentle buzz and far more tolerable now the RPMs are not being restricted. Its almost a different bike...in a good way :)
Do the EU models restrict the RPMs? I know that there is an A2 restriction kit you can have on the Trident, so was that installed on your machine? On my US model the break in mode simply flashes the tachometer at lower values. As you may know, we don't have tiered licensing, so no restriction kit is offered for the US models.

That said, the break in may result in more noticeable vibrations due to the bedding in of various surfaces. I personally did not notice any additional vibrations during the break in period, I did my best to mind my RPMs during the break in period, but my first ride involved hopping on the freeway to ride home. That meant hitting speeds of 80 mph/130 kph, the Trident didn't seem buzzy even during that jaunt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts