Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pi$$ing away $80- on the billet bar end weights with the Union Jack on them for one of my TBA's, I discovered a cheaper way that looks as good if I do say so myself.

Bar ends from a United Motors 250cc. $5.95 each. Nice heavy chromed ends, I get a lot of compliments on them.
A direct bolt on using the original Triumph screws.

·
Registered
20 Posts
cool. I had trouble with my hands going to sleep on my 06 speedmaster after 20-30miles, especially if running in the 55-70mph range. Couldn't find any weights that weren't ridiculous in price. Just happened to be at my sons house. He had bought a suzukis83 1400 and had taken the bar end weights off of it because he didn't like them and had put on a set of jackhammer grips on his drag bars. I took them and they fit right over the end caps on my bars. Took out the hex screw and cut some 5mm all thread to fit length of weights and put chrome acorn nut on it , walah! what a difference! Put some foam grip covers over original grips that I bought at a shop in OKC, and now can't even feel the vibes. the s83 weights fit right over the end caps and are pretty heavy and do an excellent job of dampening vibes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just go to any United Motors dealer, they are off of a 250 Cruise.

[ This message was edited by: Brit26 on 2006-12-01 05:48 ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts