Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rob, it would take more than a magic mirror to remove the tarnish I have managed to get on my "image". Some of it is self inflicted, some I was born with. Some things you just have to live with because they can't be fixed. Besides, it makes me, me.
Locktitekid, I would think the convex mirror would just magnify the fuzzy image.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Jimmy, of course you must make your own decision. But a convex mirror worked for me. I don't understand exactly why. Cheers,
Neil.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
maybe the convex mirror uses less/more glass and has a different harmonic so it doesn't vibrate as much?

Sticking a chunk of plasticine or blu-tac on the mirror head might test the theory.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Not to take this on a tangent... but... you would think that with all the mini-cams they make now for 'puters and how cheap all that stuff has gotten, they'd have a rear view heads up display for bikes by now. Could be wireless with the camera mounted in the tail light or similar, or the entire unit mounted in a helmet so the rider could scan right and left by moving his head. The only negative aspect is it could be distracting to the rider and take his focus off what is in front of the bike.

Would be neat, though. Get's those damn ugly mirrors off the bars for a cleaner look to boot.
regards,
Rob

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
you'd look like an ant but here, some serious town cyclists have wing mirrors connected to their helmets. They look like dental mirrors

21 - 26 of 26 Posts