Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been discussed before, but I couldn't find any clear answers so I thought I'd ask.

I have 1" diameter superbars on my bonneville and want to put on some bar end mirrors. I like the CRG ones, but it says the adapter only works up to .75" bars. I could make due with some napoleons, but not sure on the adapter situation there either. I'm sure lots of people on here must have similar bars and have put on mirrors... what is the solution? Is there a good alternative adapter?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I put clip-ons with the 1 inch bars on my 2010 thrux and the CRG adapters work fine. I think they may be referring to the diameter of the internal bar-end hole, not necessarily the external width.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have CRG's on1inch bars, and it works fine. You can always add an additional tin or rubber spacer if you find they don't get tight enough.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
This may have been discussed before, but I couldn't find any clear answers so I thought I'd ask.

I have 1" diameter superbars on my bonneville and want to put on some bar end mirrors. I like the CRG ones, but it says the adapter only works up to .75" bars. I could make due with some napoleons, but not sure on the adapter situation there either. I'm sure lots of people on here must have similar bars and have put on mirrors... what is the solution? Is there a good alternative adapter?
I've got 1" bars and OEM bar ends...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also... How is the gps attached/wired up? I have a spare garmin and was thinking about hooking it up to the bike... Ive seen adapters that hook up to the battery tender cables..

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like those mirrors too... Might just go with that. They come with the adapters?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
thanks- the GPS is mounted on a D9 RAM ball:

D9 is Seth, search for him on the forum and write him. RAM is a standard GPS holder company and his nut is the correct ball to match the RAM mount. I have a Garmin Nuvi 550 and run it on a Gilsson wire bought on Amazon.

I can't remember if the mirrors were each or a pair for $90 but I believe they installed with no adapters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts