Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a simple yet most effective mod (coutesy of ratcat - in a thread I stumbled across when compiling the Triumph Twin Mod Links Page) to convert the stock mirrors to bar-end mirrors, the lines of my bonnie have been vastly altered. Well done ratcat, I say.

I wonder how this might look on a TBS or TBA. Has anyone else done this? :cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
If it's legal where you live, have you considered removing them alltogether? The bike would look a lot better w/ them, IMO.

CC

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I desperately crave Bar end mirrors;I want the CRG lane split one(s).Definitely makes the whole bike look lower and sleeker.
PA guy is right ,in fact I noticed that there are no mirrors on showroom floor bikes.They just look so much better without.
Before I spend any money on the CRGs I'm gonna try the conversion (if I can find the old mirrors :-D ).I think I have all the parts needed.

[ This message was edited by: meatwagon on 2006-11-22 17:57 ]

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I just made one of those brackets and went with a single bar end.Awesome and dirt cheap.Those mouse ear mirrors were one of the first things to come off the bike and now one of them is back! .Off to take pictures. :-D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
BIG thanks to ratcat and Keef! A quick and easy mod.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a nice looking bike, meat. The lower lines of the front end (without the "mickey mouse ears" :-D ) do go well with the classic look of the tank.
Like you, I really must do something about the pumpkin indicators. What are those little ones you've replaced them with - and what make is your rear light?
:cool:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thanks man ,I got the lights from Bella Corse.I think they are the Oval tail light and super mini indicators.The vintage or oval taillight sit much closer to the fender so if you have a large number plate it may not work for you.I bent my plate to mimic the fender curve and stuck a rubber washer behind it to eliminate any contact.I liked the oval tail light that comes stock but not the large stand up housing it comes with ;that was just too much .I toned it way down .I like the fender mounted turn signals too ,seems everyone else uses brackets for shock mounting .I wanted to leave the fender un bobbed to make the bike seem longer and lower.Now the speedo and tach are the highest things on the bike ;I love the D9 mini gauge conversion, that looks the business.
There's some ingenious people on this forum.
PS I wish I had the 904 kit.I have enough money ,but I am saving for another bike.(sigh)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Norman Hyde M Bars. And thanks ,I am getting the bike to where I want it as far as looks.Not done yet,there is still a list of things I want to do,but they are all expensive!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
No the foot pegs and my boots hit first.Norman Hyde rearsets are on that list of things I want ....but wow are they pricey-400$!! YIKES
I see you are probably looking at the left side of the center stand ,that actually tucks in right next to the exhaust pipe ,so no problemo.
What I want to know is ,which homeboy decided to paint a griffin fighting a 3 headed snake behind an auto parts store in the 'hood?That's not the usual stuff you see .Or is that a chaimera?

[ This message was edited by: meatwagon on 2006-11-26 20:42 ]

·
Registered
913 Posts
The one side only mirror look is killer! KILLER!! I may have to remove my right side CRG just to see what it's like. Pretty small mirror though (mine).

Great tip for modifying the stock mirror. That's what I love best about this site.

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2006-11-26 20:38, meatwagon wrote:
.Or is that a chaimera?
Griffin fighting a Hydra - Sorry Meat, had to do it... :-D Thanks Wikipedia!

But who cares! Your bike looks great and the mirror mod really adds to it.

Griffin - The Griffin (Greek gryphos, Persian شیردال‌ shirdal "lion-eagle") (also very often spelled gryphon and, less commonly, gryphen, griffon, griffen, or gryphin) is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. As the lion was considered the "King of the Beasts" and the eagle the "King of the Air", the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature. The griffin is generally represented with four legs, wings and a beak, with eagle-like talons in place of a lion's forelegs and feathered, equine-like ears jutting from its skull. Some traditions say that only female griffins have wings. Some writers describe the tail as a serpent.

Hydra - In Greek mythology, the Lernaean Hydra was an ancient nameless serpent-like chthonic water beast that possessed numerous heads— the poets mention more heads than the vase-painters could paint— and poisonous breath (Hyginus, 30). The Hydra of Lerna was killed by Heracles as one of his Twelve Labours. Its lair was the lake of Lerna in the Argolid, though archaeology has borne out the myth that the sacred site was older even than the Mycenaean city of Argos, for Lerna was the site of the myth of the Danaids. Beneath the waters was an entrance to the Underworld, and the Hydra was its guardian (Kerenyi 1959, p. 143).
The Hydra was the offspring of Typhon and Echidna, noisome creatures of the Goddess who became Hera. It was said to be the sibling of the Nemean Lion, the Chimaera and Cerberus.

[ This message was edited by: boboso on 2006-11-28 21:38 ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.