Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Yellow, those are Halcyon mirrors. Nice looking but seems as though few use them - not a good sign. Try a search to see. One problem might be the one inch bars fitted on these Triumphs - seems the rest of the world uses 7/8ths. LOL

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
No pics, but love those mirrors. Did some research when I was looking and found some points to consider:

- That lovely "Made In England" is only embossed on one side, so if you mount two, only one will have it pointing right side up (if that sort of thing matters to you)

- IIRC, they weren't the cheapest things going...

The reviews I read on them were fairly positive.

Jason

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a set of Napoleon bar end mirrors on an old Ducati. High quality and great field of view for a moderate price. They've been around for a long time too, so the appearance is appropriate for the Triumph twins.
I've been waiting for a set of those for for a few months now as they have been on back order so I'm starting to get a little impatient but the Napoleon is definitely what I would like to end up with. I was starting to look around for alternatives and came across the ones above which thought look pretty nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is it with the bar end mirrors? I ordered some Napoleon mirrors a couple of months ago and got tired of waiting for them, so I cancelled the order. I then thought I should stick with Triumph parts and I ordered a set of bar end mirrors that come with the M bars on the 09 Thruxton. They are on back order also! Is there a production problem or are they that popular that the manufacturers can't keep up supply? Does anybody know the answer?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
What is it with the bar end mirrors? I ordered some Napoleon mirrors a couple of months ago and got tired of waiting for them, so I cancelled the order. I then thought I should stick with Triumph parts and I ordered a set of bar end mirrors that come with the M bars on the 09 Thruxton. They are on back order also! Is there a production problem or are they that popular that the manufacturers can't keep up supply? Does anybody know the answer?
I think it is because of popularity, CRG's cost a lot, and stock mirrors are fugly and don't work. But you can go to your local bicycle shop and get a Mirrycle bike mirror cheap and have style and function!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Third Eye... Several good reviews on these regarding motorcycle applications when I Googled it.

$14.00 at REI

3rd Eye Handlebar End Mirror

or Sky King at $84.00

http://skykingproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SP&Product_Code=Item-005-BMW

Either may need a shim. Speaking of shims... back in the day some BMX bikes had 1" handle bars and we had to go to the motorcycle shop to get shims for the bar ends (approx. 7/8"). Now I am having a hard time sourcing those shims which would work wonders for our little bar end mirror issues. Does anyone remember these?

·
Registered
515 Posts
But you can go to your local bicycle shop and get a Mirrycle bike mirror cheap and have style and function![/QUOTE]

I just put some of these on. Have you ridden with them yet? Im curious if they vibrate much. I do agree they look good

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Here's my bonnie with Hyde M bars and a stock round mirror converted to bar end...total cost about 1$ and 15 minutes labor.
The mirror works great ,very little vibration.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I had a set of Napoleon bar end mirrors on an old Ducati. High quality and great field of view for a moderate price. They've been around for a long time too, so the appearance is appropriate for the Triumph twins.
I dunno, I had a set of the naps and they was kraps... the silver coat behind the glass went green on me (both sides) so I went to some yammy teardrops mounted on the stock stems. Hate those too.

I'm definitely going to the CRGs come riding season.

Ya get what ya pays for on this one I figure....

P

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I just switched from the round Mickey Mouse ears to the elongated Virago style mirrors. They are offset about 1" more than the stock mirrors so I get a much better field of view, and they mount directly to my stock mirror arms. Easy to install, looks good, and works well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can somebody teach me how to do this stock mirror conversion?
I love the idea of modifying what you already have!!

Here's my bonnie with Hyde M bars and a stock round mirror converted to bar end...total cost about 1$ and 15 minutes labor.
The mirror works great ,very little vibration.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts