Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really trying to make this happen. Has anyone had success with a mod like this. I want to keep my Kuryukan ISO grips but I dont want the trident mirrors Kuryukan makes. I would love to mod napoleon or CRG mirrors I've seen on bonnies and thruxtons.

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I spent two days trying to figure this one out already and just canned the idea.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i'm confused. the mirrors should just slip into the end of the bar and expand. what about the grips is preventing this?
ISO grips are closed end grips. The rubber grip part fits into a frame with a closed end
See pic

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
mill out the ends?
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Kuryakyn_Trident_Bar_End_Mirrors_p/637x.htm

Just like the cafe racers of the 60's, bar end mirrors are back & better than ever. These are a great way to transform the look of your bars & put the mirrors in a wider, more useful position. The offset arm & swiveling head provides great adjustability & are available in two mounting types to fit most bikes.

Note: Proper installation may require cutting or drilling a 5/8" hole in the end of the OEM grips. Proper installation requires 7/8" or 1" handlebars that have open ends. Not compatible with Kuryakyn Chrome style throttle bosses that screw to the end of Kuryakyn Grips or other grip end accessories/weights. Not suggested for Buckhorn style handlebars or any other bars with aggressive angle at the bar ends.

Note: Suggested Installation for Left Grip Clutch Side Only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts