Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone that might come across in replacing the broken bar end mirror on a 09 Thruxton, Part number A9638020 - Bar End Mirror do not fit on 09 Thruxton. That part would only fit on any previous Thruxtons. I found that out when my order came in today in replacing my broken 09 bar end mirror.
And here's the differences I found between the 08 bar-end mirror and 09 bar end mirror

- the adapter on the 09 is bigger in overall diameter than the OEM 09

- the adapter on the 09 is much longer because there's a end plug welded at the end of it, as a result, the capscrew that tighten it to the handlebar is waaaaay longer.

- The M8 x 35mm screw, spring, M5 x 35mm capscrew is way bigger on the 09

- The 09 mirror is slightly bigger than the 08.

I'll post up some pictures later, so you folks can see the differences.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: 1/24/09 - The 2009 Thruxton - Bar-End Mirror:

After returning the mirror I previously ordered to the dealership, numerous talk with the part-person, and he had to call Triumph to find out the exact part number. Finally, I have received the right mirror today. The cost is $72.55 ea. And the part number is T2060602. The mirror is good for both side (left/right).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are absolutely right about the size of the handlebar; However, Triumph has totally re-designed the whole construction on the handlebar and the mirror, & made it specifically for the 09 Thruxton. The biggest differences between the two would be the size. The size of the mirror, & the M6 screw is bigger on the newer version. So the A9638056, or else known as the Bar end mirror for Bonneville/T-100 simply won't fit on the 09 Thruxton.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased these handlebars for my Bonneville, and while I'm waiting for them to arrive I'm wondering if they are like the stock Bonneville handlebars that have the threads inside to bolt a bar end or mirror on. Or are they completely hollow inside to take the bicycle quill stem type mirror mount that expands from the inside when tightened? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's hollow on the stock 09 thruxton handlebar. I remember it took a lot of force to push the mirror into the bar during the installation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've installed this handlebar

It's hollow on the stock 09 thruxton handlebar. I remember it took a lot of force to push the mirror into the bar during the installation.
I ordered the Stock 09 Thruxton handlebar for my 09 T100. Cost was $ 60.00 from my dealer. The bars had the metal plug (like a metal cup) welded into the end. The open end faces out. Inside the cup there is a threaded opening for a screw. This is for installation of the Bar End mirrors. I did order the stock mirrors for the 09 Thruxton to go with these bars as well. A mistake was made in the order process and the dealer is making it right, but the replacement bar end mirror kit has not arrived yet. I wanted these mirrors because having had previous experience with the Napolean Bar End Mirrors from a 3rd party vendor (not a bad experience mind you), I observed the 09 Thruxton mirrors to be a bit "heavier duty" than the previous ones I had owned. The mirrors cost $ 60.00 for the set from my dealer. The handlebar is supposed to be 1 inch. It actually says 25.4 mm on the plastic that the bar came in which equals 1 inch. Part number: T2044455

·
Registered
35 Posts
they are similar, but...

I just purchased these handlebars for my Bonneville, and while I'm waiting for them to arrive I'm wondering if they are like the stock Bonneville handlebars that have the threads inside to bolt a bar end or mirror on. Or are they completely hollow inside to take the bicycle quill stem type mirror mount that expands from the inside when tightened? Thanks!
they do have the "threaded cup" inside the bar end like the 09 Bonneville, but the threads accept a different size screw than what is being allowed for in the 09 Thruxton bar.

·
Registered
35 Posts
not yet

I'll be able to give you a more accurate answer to that question when I get the correct mirrors. My Triumph dealer indicated that he would have them arriving sometime today. I would imagine I would have them sometime by Thursday.

I you want, I'll PM you and let you know

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
Let's resurrect this thread.
I have a good question for you.
I just bought a black Triumph Thruxton 2009.* :)
But the it miss the screw and the spring that fix the mirror arm in is adaptor.
See here, it's number 8 and 9.

http://www.motorcyclestore.us/triumph/pdf/A9900246_EN-US_909ME_BarEndMirror[1].pdf

Acording to this thread, this image is for a Thrux 2008. Mirror are bigger on the 2009.

So where could I fine these pieces number 8 and 9 for a Triumph Thruxton 2009?
Do I really have to buy the whole mirror kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this post is old but I bought the 09 mirrors for my 2001 bonnie not knowing they were so specific. Anyone know if there is a handlebar that I can mount the mirrors to that will also fit on my '01?
Would love to use these mirror and am looking for some lower profile bars to match.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts