Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try fitting a clamp on bar end mirror that doesn't run like $200? The OEM part is $100+ per mirror and same with the Rizoma's and so on... Wondering if anyone had something to suggest that is gonna be a quality product that isnt gonna break the bank. Thinking maybe the bike masters. Pic below:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
the round Halcyons with the T120 adapter are 80 ea from caferacerX on the bay if he has anymore. hes good to deal with as mine were promptly shipped

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got TecBike Parts mirrors fitted. Little bit of work required to get them on. Its not a very bike specific fit. But nothing major. Slightly smaller than Triumph and Halycon, but way better than stock.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i looked at them as well as Tec pricing is hard to beat for decent stuff, prolly get some goodies from them later after my play money gets rebuilt. done buying for now as i wait for my Alpinas, the key to everything else like the brake discs + uprated regeared sprocket kit + of course the tyres

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
got ride with the beautiful Haycyon bar end mirrors yesterday, besides looking good they work GREAT!! sorry no pics!
820's or 830's???

Paul

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i used the 4" round 830's @ $69.99 del from caferacerx on Ebay he has one left NOW. the rectangular like the Napoleon is about 5 X 4 on the tall end $75 @ the same site. after looking at pics i liked the 830 but the wider 820 prolly gives even more view. they are the best ever on any bike i ever owned. a member shows a lot of pics of the 830's if you search. T120 needs the adapter he sells for only $10 ea

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I had the Halcyon 820 rectangular mirrors on my 2018 Bonne T120 for almost a year. I loved the build quality and the field of view, but I hated the extra 3" the mounts and dorky adapters added to the handlebar width. I eventually took them off and replaced them with a pair of the Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors, and they've been on my bike ever since.

I was initially skeptical of the Rizomas. They were smaller and I was afraid they would limit my field of view. And they did, but the missing view was of the sky and there isn't much happening in the sky that matters when you're riding a motorcycle. Otherwise, there is almost no difference in the view that matters: It is just as wide as the view in the Halcyons. I was also concerned about the slight blue tint to the Rizoma mirrors, but it isn't even noticeable — even in the dark.

What I'd really like is a pair of Triumph mirrors like the ones that come stock on the new Speed Twin, but they're only available in black and I don't want black mirrors on my bike.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
One more thing about the Halcyon 820s: I was getting a steering wobble at speed when I took both hands off the bars. Changing tires from the gawdawful OEM Pirellis to Avons didn't help. Neither did several attempts at wheel alignment and tire balancing.

That steering wobble went away when I replaced the Halcyons with the Rizomas. In retrospect, the wobble started when I replaced the stock mirrors with the Halcyons. My conclusion is that the mirrors were big enough that wind loading on the mirrors was causing the wobble. My guess is if I had suspected that while the mirrors were still on the bike I may have been able to tune it out by adjusting the mirrors so they had equal wind loading, but I'm not going to put them back on to test that theory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts