Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I'm defecting to the dark side. Just done a deal on a 1200 GS with 1,600 miles in mint condition.

I will be selling other bits soon, but to start off I have a genuine Triumph Workshop Manaual. My wife paid £60 + at the stealer for it. Its in mint condition in the triumph folder.

Anyone interested.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sad to see you getting rid of the Tiger mate after all the helpful tips I picked up from you.

I hope you and the Dark machine get along ok, I already have the Triumph manual but could be interested in what else you will be selling.

Andy.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
S/S,

It's a sad time of life when someone thinks they're old enough to own a GS ;)

Good luck old friend, and stay safe.

And yes, we'll still be here for you when you return :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Best of luck with the GS, keep us posted with your views on it(if allowed;)).

ps
Im still interested in the hand guards and extenders

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PeteH

PM Sent.

I will give a full report on the Tiger v GS for you all amd maybe some picture of "The Dark Lord",:rolleyes: as she is Black :eek:.

Until I sell her, I will be able to ride both Back to Back.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Enjoy the new GS

Next thing you'll be wearing a ascot under your jacket and smoking a pipe.....

For GS madness take a look at advrider.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Afraid I'm doing the same, trading the '03 in on a new 1200GSA. Will have misc bits and bobs up for sale soon (service manual, stock seat, windscreens, valve tool, etc.). Will miss Le Tigre immensely, great bike. Sure wish Triumph hadn't packed it in with the dual sport.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
I dont' get it, you say things like "Dark Side", "I'll miss Le Tigre" etc, but you still sell them and pay extortionist rates for a BMW?

I was away for the weekend with a myriad of bikes. Two Tigers, four Harleys, two R1200GS, one F650GS, two Suzuki something race replicas, an Aprilia city scooter 200 and a Honda VTR 250. There was a bit of swapping around done and it was decided that for the type of touring we were doing, with some dirt and the occasional rougher terrain, the Tiger was the one to go on. Including those who rode the BMWs. To a tee, the BM was "under powered when it mattered, although it did handle quite well, it bottomed out a bit in corners and over gutters." Not to mention that in Australia, they're $10k more expensive than the Tiger.

Still, there are no "girlies" left in new condition, so if you've got to have a new bike every 3 years, then you don't get a lot of choice.....

Good luck, and don't forget to turn off the ABS! :D

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Any Bars goin???

Hi there, just got my Tiger, sorry to hear you'll be leaving the ranks (my mate is after a GS so I'll forgive you!). Be interested in any crash bars/bungs etc that you may have for the Tiger.

Stay safe out there on the Beemer!

Chris:cool:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris

I was looking to leave the Touratech bars on the bike.

I have someone coming to look at it. If the deal is not right I will remove the bars and send you a PM.

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ta Muchly!

Thanks! Understant why new owner may want to keep them on, these babies weigh rather a lot don't they!!

ta, Chris:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts